Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2016, 07:37 AM

197 posts, read 253,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorditostyle View Post
Well it not for me per day but my gf
One thing you can do is meet her at the train station until she's comfortable enough to walk on her own.. What building did you interview for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 07:39 AM

196 posts, read 330,567 times
Idk it not build yet maybe u can help me find out if u living there lol

They did put "(red)" on my file tho

Old 01-02-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Idk it not build yet maybe u can help me find out if u living there lol

They did put "(red)" on my file tho
Well I think my building is full because I notice that some ppl moved into the other building.. The closer to the train station the better..

As for the red, it may be indicating that you do or do not have preferences.. When I went for my interview she wrote something on the folder I just couldn't figure out what it was.. But I'm sure it was indicating something to that nature.. I think that it's a way of saying what file to look at first, because as slow and lazy as they are I refuse to believe that they will go through a whole file to see who has preferences or not..

Old 01-02-2016, 07:50 AM

I want to believe that they are ready done with the preference half of the applications and now are just moving on to the non-preference half

So 3 out of 4 building are build already? In the interview they told me they will finish building it in marxh/April

Old 01-02-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I want to believe that they are ready done with the preference half of the applications and now are just moving on to the non-preference half

So 3 out of 4 building are build already? In the interview they told me they will finish building it in marxh/April
All the buildings are pretty much done.. They're just fixing like the sidewalks and stuff.. Maybe preferences are done already and now they are working on non preferences.. There are a few ppl on this forum who are also non preferences and have already went on their interview as well.. When did you go on your interview?

Old 01-02-2016, 07:55 AM

Yea I did last week

Old 01-02-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Yea I did last week
The process is long... And for some reason is seems like now it's taking longer, well according to what I have been reading on this forum. Don't get me wrong I waited some time as well and it literally drove me INSANE... I lost sleep, hardly pay attention are work because I was constantly either calling or checking messages.. So my advise is to periodically follow up with them, but try not to drive yourself insane..

I went on my interview Sept 30, job verification was sent Nov 6, 2nd interview was November 10, viewed apartment November 11, signed my lease on the 19.. Once the employment verification is sent to your job it's like everything goes so fast from there

Old 01-02-2016, 08:43 AM

111 posts, read 137,676 times
Quote:

I have community preference and my interview was Nov6 my call last week and the lady told me they have two buildings left to fill

Old 01-02-2016, 07:20 PM

42 posts, read 51,651 times
Quote:
For those who live there , so u feel safe at all times?

Females would you take a 4-12 job in Manhattan and commute back home at that time without worrying ?
I feel safe in the building, the super is cool and even the property manager, I feel safe walking from the 3 train late at night more because there is always someone outside now as far as coming from the L train I would never come home late at night from that station. The train station is near a alleyway I don't feel comfortable there.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendria View Post
I feel safe in the building, the super is cool and even the property manager, I feel safe walking from the 3 train late at night more because there is always someone outside now as far as coming from the L train I would never come home late at night from that station. The train station is near a alleyway I don't feel comfortable there.
Yes they are both nice even the janitor lol.. Did you fix the heating situation? Lol and what building are you in again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery