Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 11:16 AM

49 posts, read 62,793 times

Advertisements

I'm all set and ready to go with documents! The paperwork didn't ask for an employment verification form, but it appears that they are asking for that after the fact. What is it that they are looking for? I can have my employer type one up just so I can be on top of it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 11:19 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,864,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbk View Post
I'm all set and ready to go with documents! The paperwork didn't ask for an employment verification form, but it appears that they are asking for that after the fact. What is it that they are looking for? I can have my employer type one up just so I can be on top of it.
They more than likely will not accept it from you - they prefer to reach out to your employer directly. Besides, I would only give what is asked - don't volunteer any additional information.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
They more than likely will not accept it from you - they prefer to reach out to your employer directly. Besides, I would only give what is asked - don't volunteer any additional information.
True. Okay thank you-- Appreciate it!

Old 01-23-2018, 12:02 PM

33 posts, read 43,691 times
Yea they requested that the form be filled out by the employer and emailed directly from them

Old 01-24-2018, 09:50 AM

15 posts, read 29,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Just proceed anyway. If your monthly debt to income ratio is more than 50%, (that's factoring in the new rent, not what you're paying now), you will be rejected.

So that will be 1448 (studio) +750 or 2198 in monthly debt. Calculate what you make a month, and if your debt load is less than or equal to 50%, you're out.

$60,120 (The highest of 90% AMI) divided by 12 (or monthly income) = $5,010 (monthly)

Your debt to income ratio is: 2198/5010 = 43%. Your application, based on the criteria you have provided will not be rejected if you make the highest of 90% AMI and you have no other debt except the student loans you've mentioned.

To answer your other question, they take your IRS statements, paystubs and your bank statements, and compare them. The highest of the three will be your income. The catch is that if your earned income does not match your IRS statements, you will be rejected. All of your income should be reported. If there is one digit that does not match from your W2's and your earned income, you will be rejected.
Hi all, thanks for the great information!

Interview set up for 1/31, log# 5XX. Question about this reply: is this for gross or take home pay? My gross is 59708/year...but after taxes and pension contributions (city worker here) my take home pay is a little under 3,000 a month.

I'm also confused about the debt:income ratio...is it annual income over all debt owed or monthly income over monthly payments on debt? I'm worried that with my student loans I won't qualify, however my monthly payments are relatively manageable.

Thanks!

Old 01-24-2018, 11:52 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar_ View Post
Hi all, thanks for the great information!

Interview set up for 1/31, log# 5XX. Question about this reply: is this for gross or take home pay? My gross is 59708/year...but after taxes and pension contributions (city worker here) my take home pay is a little under 3,000 a month.

I'm also confused about the debt:income ratio...is it annual income over all debt owed or monthly income over monthly payments on debt? I'm worried that with my student loans I won't qualify, however my monthly payments are relatively manageable.

Thanks!
Congrats on your interview!

1. They calculate your gross pay.

2. If your overall yearly debt to income ratio is 60/100, you're out.

3. If your overall monthly debt to income ratio is 50/100, you may be out. (They will also factor your new rent to your current monthly debt).

4. Debt is whatever is on your credit report, including student loans.

Good luck!

Old 01-24-2018, 12:46 PM

21 posts, read 29,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Congrats on your interview!

1. They calculate your gross pay.

2. If your overall yearly debt to income ratio is 60/100, you're out.

3. If your overall monthly debt to income ratio is 50/100, you may be out. (They will also factor your new rent to your current monthly debt).

4. Debt is whatever is on your credit report, including student loans.

Good luck!
Hi, do you know where is the interview held? Manhattan or Bronx? I have 5xxx and wanna be ready.. boss may not allow me to take leave without early notification

Old 01-24-2018, 01:02 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermainehor View Post
Hi, do you know where is the interview held? Manhattan or Bronx? I have 5xxx and wanna be ready.. boss may not allow me to take leave without early notification
lol I'm not an authority here, so don't know any management related details. I'm just going by my own personal experience - I've been through a good three lotteries.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:27 PM

18 posts, read 26,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermainehor View Post
It will be somewhere in Queens for the VIA lottery.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey23 View Post
It will be somewhere in Queens for the VIA lottery.
Hear anything back after your interview yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery