Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 07:25 PM

20 posts, read 22,750 times

Advertisements

I received a call too!!!!! Congratulations to you. I been waiting for two months I m so very excited finally I get to see what the apartment will look like for my self. I will take pictures and post up for everyone to see what the low income apartments look like. I know some people that would like to see what is being offered. I think its only right that the low income renters be able to see the apt just as the market renters get to see what they are renting. I understand the apts are low income but at the end of the day people are working and paying rent like everyone else only difference is we pay less to live in a great place but I feel we should not be treated differently because of that reason. everyone should be grateful and thankful for all they have period! Good luck to you and happy to see someone else get into this great building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 11:08 PM

377 posts, read 509,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantmen View Post
So I got a call today to view the unit that has been assigned to me the lady I spoke to was very nice and told me not to be late. I feel more blessed as I have always lived well my entire life thus far however my cup has runith over. To whom much is given much is expected. So I say that to say this I am humble and ever so grateful. Thank's cr55 and incaita for sharing information with me. I will let you all know how the apt viewing goes.
That's great news. Congrats to you.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:37 PM

27 posts, read 24,596 times
Look like nobody like they apt no body say nothing

Old 05-29-2017, 11:55 PM

377 posts, read 509,307 times
Maybe they're busy moving

Old 05-30-2017, 08:32 PM

Hey All I viewed the apt on Friday and love it! I was told that I was given the last one bedroom. I love it! the view is awesome and the size of the unit is perfect for me not big but also not small. The only set back for me is the carpet however I was told to bring in a doctors note to confirm my allergy to carpeting and they will remove it and replace the flooring with tile. I called my doctor and had a letter faxed to them. today I was given an appointment to sign my lease this week!!Check out the video and if you have any questions I d be happy to share. Thank you all for sharing. incaita you are right about the quality of life here its the best part of it all. https://youtu.be/YMDxVMfLxbE

Last edited by puretagu; 05-30-2017 at 08:51 PM..

Old 06-01-2017, 02:34 PM

375 posts, read 323,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puretagu View Post
Hey All I viewed the apt on Friday and love it! I was told that I was given the last one bedroom. I love it! the view is awesome and the size of the unit is perfect for me not big but also not small. The only set back for me is the carpet however I was told to bring in a doctors note to confirm my allergy to carpeting and they will remove it and replace the flooring with tile. I called my doctor and had a letter faxed to them. today I was given an appointment to sign my lease this week!!Check out the video and if you have any questions I d be happy to share. Thank you all for sharing. incaita you are right about the quality of life here its the best part of it all. https://youtu.be/YMDxVMfLxbE
It looks small. I can only imagine how much smaller the studio will be. Does anyone know how big the studios are?

Old 06-01-2017, 06:57 PM

It is small but hey its New York city and that's just how it is with the low market apts in this building. You can definitely find bigger but not here. However the environment and quality is great! its a smoke free building and it has a lot of good amenities to offer for a price of course but that's a given. It's like living in a hotel except you don't get room service or maids to clean your room. I m not sure the size of the studios but in these days and times with the growing economy builders are building smaller and higher the smaller the more units you can fit. Whenever you see a building with over 600 units most likely the apartments are small and narrow. I my self would prefer a larger space but in this case I choose quality over quantity this apt may lack in size but the building it self makes up for all that. You just can't go wrong living here I can't really explain it you just have to see for your self. If you qualify just go through the process and check it out it wont hurt to just see and choose for your self. If you don't like it you can just tell them you don't want the apt and that's it. Trust someone else will take it in a heart beat. lol Good luck to you.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:36 AM

375 posts, read 323,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puretagu View Post
It is small but hey its New York city and that's just how it is with the low market apts in this building. You can definitely find bigger but not here. However the environment and quality is great! its a smoke free building and it has a lot of good amenities to offer for a price of course but that's a given. It's like living in a hotel except you don't get room service or maids to clean your room. I m not sure the size of the studios but in these days and times with the growing economy builders are building smaller and higher the smaller the more units you can fit. Whenever you see a building with over 600 units most likely the apartments are small and narrow. I my self would prefer a larger space but in this case I choose quality over quantity this apt may lack in size but the building it self makes up for all that. You just can't go wrong living here I can't really explain it you just have to see for your self. If you qualify just go through the process and check it out it wont hurt to just see and choose for your self. If you don't like it you can just tell them you don't want the apt and that's it. Trust someone else will take it in a heart beat. lol Good luck to you.
Thanks! Thats exactly what I'm planning on doing. I'm just going through the whole process and feel blessed to have been chosen! All my paperwork is in so I'm just waiting for them to call and hopefully tell me to come in a see the unit. I'm currently alone in a 2BR in BK where I'm happy but paying more then what I would be at 21 West End. I'm just planning on seeing the studio and if I can make it work, I'll most likely take it. Lots of decisions to make!

Old 06-02-2017, 05:40 PM

Well that's good I also have video of some of the amenities take a look. https://youtu.be/2IRkDQpAR3c
https://youtu.be/SeR6FVO592E

Old 06-03-2017, 12:28 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,842,423 times
I don't believe how narrow some of these income bands are. Some of them are like $2,000 between the minimum and maximum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery