Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 02:22 AM

151 posts, read 155,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4carlton View Post
Two weeks

How long after your interview did they send to HDC to get approved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 06:25 PM

5 posts, read 11,087 times
Default HDC Submission

Just before the management agency submits documents you HDC for review, do you have to sign any documents and do they ask questions to verify information before they agree to submit to further review?

Old 03-21-2017, 07:08 PM

236 posts, read 447,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerumHill718 View Post
Just before the management agency submits documents you HDC for review, do you have to sign any documents and do they ask questions to verify information before they agree to submit to further review?
I am not in this lottery but going for another one and yes during your interview you sign forms for verification so they can send to your job, bank etc. then before management releases it to the agency some require you to come in and sign authorization for that.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melle7790 View Post
I am not in this lottery but going for another one and yes during your interview you sign forms for verification so they can send to your job, bank etc. then before management releases it to the agency some require you to come in and sign authorization for that.
Thanks, I signed a document to verify with my job about 6wks ago. So it sounds like I have to sign similar documents because they want to submit my documents to HDC asap.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:25 PM

21 posts, read 39,360 times
Your log number is the number that you are assigned randomly. That is the only thing that is random. You are processed in order of your log number but preferences come first. I will give an example.... there is a lottery with 100 available apartments, 5 (5%) apartments are set aside for mobility impaired applicants, 2 apartments are set aside for hearing/vision impaired. Set aside means no other preference can qualify for these apts. That leaves 93 available apts for everyone else. Of those 97 apts roughly 48 will be given community board preference and municipal employees will get preference for about 5 of them. So that leaves 44 apartments left for the general preference. Example (just an example I know this will never be the case lol) Log #s 1 -30 General preference.... 31- 80 have community board preference 81-100 are mobility/hearing impaired.... 101 - 120 community board 121-200 general. They will start with log #s 81 -100 processing the disable individuals in log number order. Then they will start 31-80 for community board. If they don't get all of the apts filled with this group they will got to 101-120 CB group. Then they will start processing the general preference group of log #s 1 and up...but in log order. They have to go in log order. But this is how someone with a low number can never get contacted. And also if your income on your application does not fit into the brackets for your household size they will skip over you. I know this is long but I hope you can understand it.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:45 PM

74 posts, read 131,676 times
Has anyone been into see any apartments?

Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 PM

12 posts, read 19,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomis88 View Post
How long after your interview did they send to HDC to get approved?
In my case, it's 4 months... My recent statement of account, paystub and some other docs was requested before my file was sent to HDC.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:48 PM

12 posts, read 19,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
Has anyone been into see any apartments?
Yes... I was there couple of weeks ago to view one apartment.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
In my case, it's 4 months... My recent statement of account, paystub and some other docs was requested before my file was sent to HDC.
What kind of documents did you have to go in and sign right before you file was sent to HDC, and did the management agency ask any questions during the final interview?

Old 03-21-2017, 09:21 PM

74 posts, read 131,676 times
Quote:
Yes... I was there couple of weeks ago to view one apartment.

How was the unit and the building? Are any people moved it yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery