Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 10:46 AM

101 posts, read 116,554 times

Advertisements

535 Carlton has reached out to me again - for a studio or 1 bedroom, can someone currently living there tell me if you LOVE it or not? It would be an increase in rent for me but for some reason I still interested in moving there. Do you guys love his building and location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 10:49 AM

101 posts, read 116,554 times
Default Studio at 535 Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah1228 View Post
I moved in for about 3 months for a studio and loved it so far

My electric bills also run about 30-40$.

Does anyone know if the 18th floor roof will open?

Is the studio livable? Are you able to have bed and small sofa at least?
Give me some feedback, I am seriously considering it!

Old 01-18-2019, 11:10 AM

152 posts, read 155,958 times
They said in my email to me last week they are out of studios, thats all I qualify for.

Old 01-18-2019, 11:12 AM

152 posts, read 155,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
If you look online for this building youll see that they are having a hard time filling the band 4 and 5 apartments and offered them to the public now... however income brackets are still in tact. Personally someone making 60,060 dollars (the low end of bracket 4) should NOT be paying 1750 for a studio for one person. studios are only for one person. that is insane and like half your paycheck to rent! such a scam those higher income brackets are.
I make 80k, and they told me for me, a studio $2137, I can find cheaper ones on streeteasy in that area.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,418 times
I'm in a 1BR ~650sqft on one of the upper level floors for about 8 months now. Brand new building (I'm the first to live in my apt). Amenities are nice (Gym, terrace, kids playroom if you need). Front desk is great and staffed majority of the time. Video doorbell. 3 Elevators. Appliances are all new and modern. Dishwasher, Large Microwave, Large Gas Stove. Plenty of cabinets. Spacious bathroom with large wall mirror.

Neighborhood wise, amazingly well positioned between quiet brownstones and the bustle of Barclays Center/Atlantic Terminal. Generally quiet unless there is a traffic snarl from an event. Even then, I don't notice it unless I'm walking through it. Just about anything you'd want from quiet or bustling downtown city living is less than 15 minute walk away.

- Atlantic Terminal: Target, Uniqlo, BestBuy, Old Navy, Marshalls, Burlington
- Grocery: Stop and Shop, Whole Foods, Food Town, 1 Small Key Food/1 Large Key Food, Union Market

- Barclays Center
- Subway N,Q,2,3,4,5,R,B,D,C
- Most other lines are 2-3 stop transfer away

- Prospect Park
- Police and Fire Station 1 block away
- Flatbrush, Park Slope (5th-7th Ave), Vanderbilt with plenty of great places to eat out or drinks
- Supposedly a new school will be built nearby (Near to the Police/Fire Station)

20 minutes away is City Point (Trader Joes, Alamo Draft House, etc)

Residents have been really nice and friendly. Hot water is instant. Shared laundry with floor, but you aren't restricted to use only your floors machines.

They use BuildingLink app, so you can file maintenance requests and see it, or if you have a package to pick up.

ConEd electricity/gas, my bill is $44 a month this winter so far. I have never turned on the heat except when my parents visited. PTAC-AC unit works well enough, you need an extra room fan or something to circulate the air. The hallways aren't ventilated so it can get stuffy in the summer. I think my Summer AC bill at its peak was $90.

Only complaint is the walls don't seem to block out sound well enough, so if your neighbors are loud or they have a dope sound system it can leak through. One family nearby use to blast music and in general be super loud constantly, but have since stopped. Not sure if someone complained or what but its better now.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:42 PM

5 posts, read 5,963 times
If asked to come in for an interview from the waiting list, do they go by the income range from when you applied or the current range? It looks like the range for 165% studios went from (74,606-104-775) to (100,491-123,255).

Old 09-07-2020, 12:14 PM

61 posts, read 73,511 times
Has anybody heard from this building for an interview in 2019-2020? I am currently on the wait list but I haven't heard from them since 2018.

Old 07-10-2023, 07:54 PM

15 posts, read 11,866 times
Does anyone currently live here and can share their experience? I am pursuing a studio and wanted to get some thoughts.

Old 10-31-2023, 12:32 PM

36 posts, read 31,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykitt4 View Post
Does anyone currently live here and can share their experience? I am pursuing a studio and wanted to get some thoughts.
Hi! Were you contacted by the property about the available studio? I’m interested in the two bedroom, who should I contact?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery