Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 04:08 PM

24 posts, read 47,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless View Post
Hello primadonnamuch,
Do you have your ConEd bill already? How expensive electricity there because of this AC/Heat unit. Is anybody has bill for heating???. I herd it's can cost up to 400$ a month. It's like second rent...
How much is the laundry machine cost? Do you know anything about garage, is it gonna be public hourly paid?
I'm appreciate your respond.
Hey,
I haven't received a conedison bill and i didn't have to open a con ed account in my name. When i signed my lease they didn't mention anything about paying for con edison and I just paid my rent again today. The laundry machine is $1.50 for washers and dryers (dryers are 45 minutes washers are between 38-45 minutes depending on your setting). They are still working on the garage, gym, and rooftop terrace but they will have an amenities package roughly $30-$50 a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 05:25 PM

5 posts, read 12,512 times
i'm appreciate Your response,
looks like your electricity bill include in your rent. it's unusual,but everything is possible.
So, you don't paying for electricity, it's very promising!
Thank's again

Old 05-31-2017, 05:35 PM

hello, i was trying to found out with the other insider, how high is the electricity bill, what is the heating/cooling system? Is the electricity really included in rent???

Old 06-01-2017, 06:17 AM

2 posts, read 5,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primadonnamuch View Post
Hey,
I haven't received a conedison bill and i didn't have to open a con ed account in my name. When i signed my lease they didn't mention anything about paying for con edison and I just paid my rent again today. The laundry machine is $1.50 for washers and dryers (dryers are 45 minutes washers are between 38-45 minutes depending on your setting). They are still working on the garage, gym, and rooftop terrace but they will have an amenities package roughly $30-$50 a month.
Electricity is NOT included in the rent. You have to set up a Con Ed account and pay for your electricity.

Primadonna, you should look into it now or else you might be told later and handed a huge bill starting from the day you moved in.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 5,074 times
Quote:
hello, i was trying to found out with the other insider, how high is the electricity bill, what is the heating/cooling system? Is the electricity really included in rent???
Electricity is based on usage, what extra appliances you are using and how much you use them.

It won't be helpful to ask anyone here unless they're willing to list what extra appliances/gadgets they use, for how long they use them, and for how often. If you're concerned about electricity being high, buy energy efficient items. The preinstalled appliances are energy efficient.

Gas produces the heat and electricity produces the AC air however electricity is used for both heat and AC to to circulate the air.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:56 AM

24 posts, read 47,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYlover504 View Post
Electricity is NOT included in the rent. You have to set up a Con Ed account and pay for your electricity.

Primadonna, you should look into it now or else you might be told later and handed a huge bill starting from the day you moved in.
Hey,
You are so right! I have a friend at Con-edison who just helped me out so I was able to start my account from today. whew i dodged a MAJOR bullet and possible bill in the future. It stuns me that management wouldn't disclose that information even on the welcome packet.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:01 AM

Thanks you,
and as far as i understand, gas is included in rent. So the heating season is not suppose to be extremely expansive

Old 06-01-2017, 11:37 AM

74 posts, read 131,518 times
Quote:
Thanks you,
and as far as i understand, gas is included in rent. So the heating season is not suppose to be extremely expansive
Gas is included in the rent but the thing that circulates the heat in the apartment is powered by electricity.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:03 PM

Did you used heater already, is the bill affordable? I understand that its depends on accumulative numbers, but compare to the previous experience.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:25 PM

17 posts, read 32,269 times
For those currently living in the building, is it a pretty quiet building and would you recommend it? I am attending an open house in the next few days, some insight on your experience in the building would be very helpful, thank you much! In other words, do you love it?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery