Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2018, 06:53 AM

86 posts, read 104,724 times

Advertisements

Just skip this building, your log# is way too big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 11:38 AM

3 posts, read 4,046 times
Pilita
Don’t loose hope.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:14 PM

44 posts, read 45,567 times
No mine is a 1br and my log# 8xx. My initial interview was October or November. I'm grateful and being very patient. Everybody's situation is different. Some people get in earlier then others. Good Luck!!

Old 08-08-2018, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,119 times
I went in for an interview in May with log number 46xx they just let me know that I meet the income guidelines but two people from BG have made sure to inform me that my chances of getting an apartment are "very slim". Does anybody know what log number range they are currently giving housing to? Breaking Ground has, to say the least, been very difficult to deal with. I had been under the impression that if they call you in for an interview and you are approved on the financials it would be sent over to HPD.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:31 AM

44 posts, read 45,567 times
If you got called that means that the have not yet filled their list of apts. So just be patient

Old 08-13-2018, 05:02 PM

26 posts, read 22,696 times
Any updates

Old 08-16-2018, 05:52 PM

38 posts, read 35,728 times
My log number is 19xx they said my chances of getting an apartment are pretty good. A friend of mine said anything 3,000 and lower is a pretty good chance. Also Did you just sign the lease to move in September 2nd ? If so i just had to submit documents to explain every deposit that has went into my account for the last 6 months. Has anyone else had to do this? If so what happens after this? how long did they take to contact you to tell you if you were approved or not? Or how long befpre they call you in to sign the lease? what is the process after this?

Old 08-16-2018, 05:57 PM

26 posts, read 22,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrielleMommy View Post
My log number is 19xx they said my chances of getting an apartment are pretty good. A friend of mine said anything 3,000 and lower is a pretty good chance. Also Did you just sign the lease to move in September 2nd ? If so i just had to submit documents to explain every deposit that has went into my account for the last 6 months. Has anyone else had to do this? If so what happens after this? how long did they take to contact you to tell you if you were approved or not? Or how long befpre they call you in to sign the lease? what is the process after this?

Yeah I went through the same thing, after they go through the file and you submitted everything they requested 🙄 they will check your credit. Once they check your credit they then forward it to the next person.

Are you for a two?

Old 08-16-2018, 08:33 PM

38 posts, read 35,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsuaso View Post
Yeah I went through the same thing, after they go through the file and you submitted everything they requested �� they will check your credit. Once they check your credit they then forward it to the next person.

Are you for a two?
Either 1 or 2 bedroom. I have 7 month old daughter so whichever one is available im fine with. I would love the 2 bedroom so she could grow up with her own room but im not going to be picky with this opportunity. and forward to the next person meaning HPD? because my file was being handled by one person, now i am working with 2 other people at BG.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:32 AM

129 posts, read 134,588 times
Well I know my building is pretty empty still. Nobody lives on my floor but me which I love lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery