Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 04:46 PM

74 posts, read 64,937 times

Advertisements

I am going through an appeal process with American cooper. Funny thing is I don't recall submitting application with this building. I had originally appeal 535 west 43 building and maybe my log number and application was passed onto this building Has this ever happen to anyone else before? Also, which credit bureau do they used for running your credit? Thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 06:50 AM

86 posts, read 104,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaninbro28 View Post
I am going through an appeal process with American cooper. Funny thing is I don't recall submitting application with this building. I had originally appeal 535 west 43 building and maybe my log number and application was passed onto this building Has this ever happen to anyone else before? Also, which credit bureau do they used for running your credit? Thanks everyone
They are using Experian.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:14 AM

4,818 posts, read 6,715,847 times
Each lottery is separate, with a separate list. One building does not pass along candidates to another, even if the marketing agent is the same. Did you apply online? Then, when you sign in to NYC Housing Connect, you will see a record of your application and your log number.

The only exception to this that I can think of is if you are living in a homeless shelter. The city refers those residents to various buildings. It's possible that if you fall into this category, the city referred you to two buildings.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 03-30-2018 at 09:55 AM..

Old 03-30-2018, 11:51 AM

Default Aspiring tenant

I have a disability. Perhaps, that is the reason why my file was move from one building to the next.

I was told that breaking ground was being audited by HPD for bypassing disability/community board for the general population. They are supposed to work those two groups before moving on to the general population.

That is usually why some buildings go through multiple phases in order to fill up the property.

Also, my log numbers are always extremely high but because I have a disability I believe that places me in a different group. I am so nervous and anxious for this process to finished. It is very daunting with all the requested paperwork and just the waiting around.

I do wish everyone luck and recognize this is truly an amazing opportunity to even have your application pulled but boy the "waiting" is simply epic!

Good luck everyone!

Old 03-30-2018, 11:57 AM

I asked about the credit bureau because none of my credit scores or fico scores are the same.

My equifax FICO score 8 is 620, where as Fico score 2 is 633. Experian fico score 8 is 560 and the fico 2 is 588 and the same for transunion. I am so confused by all of this. From what I understand from freecreditreport. is Fico score 2 is mostly used for credit cards, mortanges and loans.

Fingers crossed for me!

Old 03-30-2018, 02:55 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,473,116 times
The disability preference is only I believe 5 percent (I'll say right here that I might be wrong, before someone jumps down my throat, but I know it's not as high as community board preference). You probably applied for AC, and just didn't realize it, because you can do the applications so easily and quickly. Did you go on Housing Connect to look for your applications? And you're assuming way too much competence on the part of Breaking Ground. I don't believe they're capable of the organization and follow through that would be required to move you into a lottery if you didn't apply for it, even if they are handling it. I'd be beyond shocked if that were the case, because BG is beyond inept in most cases.

You can't let this process get to you. Live your life, give them what they ask for, and wait. You can lose a lot of valuable time over these lotteries--time you'll never get back. Also, don't waste time analyzing any of this, because the way the guidelines--and some of the guidelines themselves, which are written for a 1980s work world--rarely make rational sense. Good luck! Keep us posted as to what happens.

Last edited by Moving415; 03-30-2018 at 03:42 PM..

Old 04-03-2018, 06:06 AM

129 posts, read 134,413 times
Any new updates?

Old 04-03-2018, 07:52 AM

60 posts, read 68,003 times
I was called this morning to sign paperwork so files can be sent to HPD... Fingers crossed

Old 04-03-2018, 07:55 AM

43 posts, read 43,629 times
Was told by BG that my file was being submitted to HPD yesterday

Old 04-03-2018, 08:19 AM

91 posts, read 102,311 times
congrats @ampenny sounds like progress!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery