Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 10:50 PM

7 posts, read 8,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiaf1974 View Post
i will be moving in a 2 bedroom in the next tow weeks
that is great, Congrats how long did it take for HPD or BG to let you knw you was approved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 10:09 AM

6 posts, read 6,170 times
thanks, it took about a week

Old 12-03-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
thanx again, i went on my second interview im in limbo dnt knw whats next

Old 12-08-2018, 09:33 AM

38 posts, read 35,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by me you View Post
hello group, is anyone wait for or lives in a 2 bedroom apt.
yes i am

Old 12-08-2018, 09:34 AM

38 posts, read 35,532 times
Quote:
a week after your first interview?

Old 12-11-2018, 08:48 AM

6 posts, read 6,170 times
no after it went to compliance a week later

Old 12-15-2018, 11:38 PM

9 posts, read 10,711 times
Default Viewing next week

Hi! These questions are for those who live in American Copper already. I've been approved and have a viewing scheduled for next week.

They assigned me unit #E4J, which I assume is the 4th floor. Can someone please tell me what side of the building that is on?
I went by and took a look at the outside and I'm a little concerned. If the ground floor is 1, that puts 4 exactly at FDR level. And if J is facing East, I'd have a highway mere feet from my windows.

Are you finding it particularly noisy or can you smell the exhaust inside due to all the traffic? I've been living in quiet Brooklyn for 12 years so this area would be a big change for me.

Is it true that the gym is free? How about the indoor pool? The climbing wall?

How much is bike parking? And if you can't afford that, do they frown upon you bringing your bike up in the elevator?

What utilities are included and what's the approx cost for the ones you do have to pay for? (I think I'm getting a 1bdrm)

Did you sign the lease at the viewing or later? And when did the lease start after that? Is it flexible at all?
It would be very difficult if there was little notice before move-in. People need time to pack and find new tenants to take over their existing lease.

Since I've already been approved by BG and HPD and have good credit and no negative background history, are there really any other reasons I might be denied after this point?

Thank you!

Old 12-16-2018, 06:48 AM

86 posts, read 103,888 times
Not sure about east building.

Gym, indoor pool everything is free.

Parking area will open on 12/17/2018. Public parking: $422.39+tax/monthly, discount rates is $400. Bicycle rate is $91.85+tax per month.

The utilities are included water and cooking gas.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:34 AM

79 posts, read 94,347 times
You can see floor plans on streeteasy.com

This is a floor plan for Apt E7J (copy and past URL below)

https://streeteasy.com/rental/2362848

I think that is an especially nice floor plan, because the kitchen is a separate room. A lot of the floor plans have the kitchen running along one wall of the living room (so the kitchen and living room are combined)

The floor plan also shows the orientation of the apartment in the building. The J line has what they call the United Nations View, which is facing uptown. It is also positioned to the far east of that building -- so as far from the highway as you can get (its like right under the sky bridge). The view is of the little courtyard seating area, which is an open area with seating and fountains. I think the view is kind of cute, and its an open area that puts distance between you and the building across the street.

You don't sign the lease when you see the apartment. The developer will call you separately to sign the lease, at which time you will also pay the deposit. They will also give you the move-in date at the lease signing. It's usually two or three weeks after that. You don't have to actually move in on that date, but that is when your lease will start.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:45 PM

who contacts you to let you know if you was approved BG? HPD? or AC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery