Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 07:14 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,465,716 times

Advertisements

Great news for both of you! It's always nice to see movement in these buildings. From what I heard, the $150 covers the lap pool and the gym. The spa services are extra on top of the $150, as is the use of some (but not all) of the lounges. I'm not sure if the infinity pool comes with an extra fee. I could be wrong, but I've never heard of one of these luxury buildings not charging for the pool and the gym. I think the price is reasonable for what you're getting, though. What's nice is you can payas you go--you're not locked into any kind of contract, as you are with most health clubs. I think the medicine cabinets are embedded in the walls--or some such. Don't know about the mirrors--those along with the shower rods, will likely be installed before you move in.

Last edited by Moving415; 05-25-2017 at 07:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 07:43 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,845,563 times
Washer/dryer in-unit? For how many bedrooms? That's a killer amenity.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:48 PM

207 posts, read 355,795 times
Thanks guys I'm hoping for the good news of signing a lease soon !

And btw, the finishes of the unit I saw weren't like the finishes of the market rate units.. there wasn't anything embedded in the walls not even a mirror lol and the lady that showed the unit said they aren't planning on putting any rods.. who knows.

Moving415 are you still in the running for this one .. ? And wiivile, all units have W/D in units.. even studios and one bedrooms !

Old 05-25-2017, 07:59 PM

68 posts, read 99,784 times
Congrats to you too, Ladygaga1! And thanks Moving415 for the scoop. I heard the same about the bathroom. No medicine chest or mirror, and BYO shower curtain rod. But such minor details. My main concern with amenities would be the child play room. I hope that's free! Did you see a one bedroom, ladygaga1? How was the size? Was it the same kitchen/living room combo? Keep us posted. Hope you're in soon!

Old 05-25-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finmom View Post
Congrats to you too, Ladygaga1! And thanks Moving415 for the scoop. I heard the same about the bathroom. No medicine chest or mirror, and BYO shower curtain rod. But such minor details. My main concern with amenities would be the child play room. I hope that's free! Did you see a one bedroom, ladygaga1? How was the size? Was it the same kitchen/living room combo? Keep us posted. Hope you're in soon!
Thank you!
Yes I saw a 1BR .. and yes kitchen was open into the living room.. Windows were huge, living room was approx 16' x 10' .. Bedroom easily fits a Queen size bed. I'm also hoping they include as many amenities as possible without additional costs ..

The Copper PDF states :

Amenities: Gym/lap pool/spa, children’s playroom, resident lounge, in-unit washer/dryer, bicycle storage†
, tenant storage†, roof top pool/lounge†
(†additional fees apply/limited availability).

Only the rooftop amenities & storage are supposed to have an additional charge. Hopefully this would be the case.

To everyone else thats still in the running for this lottery, remember that its a big one with over 160 units.. Breaking ground can be annoying at times with all of the paperwork but be persistent and you'll get in !

Old 05-25-2017, 08:33 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,845,563 times
How big are the studios/one bedrooms?

Old 05-25-2017, 08:53 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,465,716 times
I don't know if I'm in this or not anymore. Haven't heard back since my last contact. But I know they're backed up.Just tell me: Are the apt. floors really oak?

Last edited by Moving415; 05-25-2017 at 09:07 PM..

Old 05-25-2017, 10:46 PM

56 posts, read 61,680 times
Hi guys. Glad to find this post. Hopefully I will be in the same boat as you. I'm glad to hear details on the building. I searched months to find any little detail on how the building looks inside. But you described it really well. I hope to get called in to see it soon. Is the rental office in the building and are the apartments very close to each other? I'm excited for you guys. Do you guys think that people would start moving in July?

Sorry for all the questions. lol thought I'd introduce my self

Old 05-25-2017, 11:10 PM

I would say the one bedroom I saw was around 650sqft. You can look on Streeteasy to get an idea for the sizes by looking at the floor plans. The studios seem pretty small.

Yes the apt floors are bright colored Oak. Hopefully they'll contact you soon Moving415!

Channies have your files been sent to HPD yet? There is a rental office in the building but the affordable apartments are rented through Breaking Ground. The lottery apartments are all spread out in different floors of the two buildings, and they're only starting to rent out units in the West tower as of now. I think by how it looks, they'll start leasing to lottery tenants sometime in June. Market rate apartments have already started to rent.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:11 AM

56 posts, read 61,680 times
Lady Gaga hpd called to say I was approved. They said the reason why management hasn't called me yet is because the building wasn't ready yet. Hope they'll call me soon to come look at the place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery