Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 01:26 PM

79 posts, read 94,491 times

Advertisements

The lease is long, but there is a table of contents and its only everything you would expect. They give you all the time you want, so you can read through as much as you want. And when the leasing agent comes back to collect the lease and your payment, she will check every page for your signature/initials and you can ask her any questions you may have then. Though there was no hand holding, the leasing agent was plenty friendly and available to answer any questions. And again, she sent someone down to show me the apartment again, and they let me lollygag and take measurements and I was just as happy as could be about that.

Yes, they give you the option of a one or two year lease.

They don't have specific days when you can move furniture in, its just that you have to schedule the freight elevator, so it's just a matter of whether or not the freight elevator is booked or available when you want to use it. You can only book it for two hours, and there's some break for lunch, but I found there were plenty of slots available and it wasn't hard at all to schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 01:47 PM

43 posts, read 43,522 times
Copperdreams,

Thanks for all of the information. I know you're answering bronxbaby directly but it also clears up some of the questions i had as well.

I wanted to ask if your gym membership extends to guests? Are you able to bring in friends for free?

Old 03-08-2018, 02:02 PM

Hi ampenny,

Happy to help.

You are allowed 3 free guest passes per month. So when you check in with a guest, they'll just count the first 3 against your monthly guest passes. After 3 in the month, you would have to purchase a guest day pass for $30 every time you bring a guest.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:23 PM

43 posts, read 43,522 times
Thanks!

I'm so grateful for this forum - it helps me get through the day knowing that there are others who are waiting out this painful silence from BG with me. Might've gone crazy by now if i was in this alone not knowing if i'll ever get an answer from them.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:36 PM

I'm in now, but I don't think anyone could have had a more painful experience than the one I had with Breaking Ground. I've just put it behind me now. Just know that it's par for the course so far as that is concerned. It's not personal, or a reflection of your application.

Just keep all positive energy and think of the wonderful day you will be in an affordable luxury apartment in the best city in the world!

Best of luck to you !

Old 03-08-2018, 02:53 PM

129 posts, read 134,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdreams View Post
Hi ampenny,

Happy to help.

You are allowed 3 free guest passes per month. So when you check in with a guest, they'll just count the first 3 against your monthly guest passes. After 3 in the month, you would have to purchase a guest day pass for $30 every time you bring a guest.

Hey copper dreams.

Does this mean even if you bring the same person after 3 times they have to purchase the guest day pass?

Old 03-08-2018, 03:03 PM

Yes. Whether it's the same person or different people, after 3 guests visits in the month, you have to pay $30. The following month, it starts all over again, with 3 passes for the month.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:37 PM

129 posts, read 134,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdreams View Post
Yes. Whether it's the same person or different people, after 3 guests visits in the month, you have to pay $30. The following month, it starts all over again, with 3 passes for the month.

Okay thank you so much! Also do you know how parking would work? Sorry for all the questions lol

Old 03-08-2018, 03:48 PM

14 posts, read 14,576 times
OMG you have been so informative. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!! I' am so stoked!

Old 03-08-2018, 05:54 PM

86 posts, read 104,141 times
Hi everyone, I had interview last year November, but no one took me to visit the apartment yet. Last Monday, breaking ground sent me email that my case was just approved by their compliance department, pending submission to HPD. They didn't ask me to sign any documents after interview. Is that normal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery