Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 08:16 AM

91 posts, read 102,095 times

Advertisements

Thanks @ampenny
& Yeah the floor plans are different than what you see on street easy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 08:33 AM

Also did breaking ground ask for the same documents when they wanted you to resubmit ?

Old 04-04-2018, 08:35 AM

43 posts, read 43,522 times
yes

Old 04-04-2018, 09:09 AM

129 posts, read 134,098 times
Yes. Verification from employer and verification from bank.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:31 AM

60 posts, read 67,855 times
Papers signed .... Now waiting for HPD approval. Hopefully this doesn't take forever.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:32 AM

60 posts, read 67,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-james View Post
The floor plan for affordable housing will be same as plans from street easy, right?
I saw my unit already and it was deff not like anything I seen on street easy.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:45 AM

129 posts, read 134,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by its.nelle View Post

What was so different about it?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:49 AM

86 posts, read 104,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by its.nelle View Post
Do they allow you to take photos or video when visiting the unit? Can I bring my friends to visit the unit?
Are the equiments (like Bosch washer/dryer) same as market apartments?
Thanks

Old 04-04-2018, 10:35 AM

You can take photos and videos not sure about friends also, the applicances are different. But still stainless steel

Old 04-04-2018, 10:41 AM

79 posts, read 94,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-james View Post
Do they allow you to take photos or video when visiting the unit? Can I bring my friends to visit the unit?
Are the equiments (like Bosch washer/dryer) same as market apartments?
Thanks
When BG showed me the the unit that was assigned to me, the person who did the showing let me take lots of pictures and measurements. She was very patient and let me do what I wanted. I didn't bring anyone and I don't know if you can.

Actually the big difference between the market and affordable apartments is the equipment and the finishes. You do have the Bosch washers and dryers, but the equipment and finishes in the kitchen and bathrooms are completely different. Here is the description of the market units with what you get in the affordable units by comparison in bold

Nest thermostat NO and a Bosch washer/dryer YES The SHoP-designed custom kitchen is fully equipped with Miele appliances including speed oven, custom island, custom light fixtures, statuary marble countertop and backsplash NO, none of that -- instead you have GE stainless steel appliances, no speed oven, no microwave either. No custom island, no custom light fixture, actually just a florescent bulb. And instead of oak custom cabinetry the cabinetry is made of some kind of gray formica-like substance.

Bathroom is an elegantly designed four-fixture bath with rain showerhead and handshower NO, you have just a single handshower which you mount high to serve as a showerhead, crocodile marble slab accent shower wall, black pearl stone floor tile,and custom light sconce with antique brass detailing. NO, none of that. There's no marble, etc. You have a white tub, no shower rod, tile walls, no custom light -- again a florescent bulb

NOW, all of that having been said -- don't get me wrong. The kitchen and bathroom equipment and finishes are not the same as the market rate apartments. Granted, they are not as high-end. BUT they are PLENTY nice. As nice as I've ever had and as nice even as I have seen in other market rate apartments. I mean they are perfectly fine, and if they didn't have to be compared to the market rate finishes you would think they were top notch. Except for the florescent light business, which is just unfortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery