Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2018, 06:00 PM

86 posts, read 104,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownDreamer View Post
Do not bring your friends to view the apartment. Do you know how ignorant and ratchet that seems?? It's not a party. It's a viewing for tenants. I'm sure you could wait until your lease begins to bring your crew around.
Thanks for help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 11:11 AM

87 posts, read 91,510 times
hey lovely jungle! are you seeing your apartment today?

Old 04-06-2018, 02:05 PM

42 posts, read 48,411 times
Hi Lovely Jungle,

This is great to hear!! do you know if your file was ever sent to HPD from the beginning? Just curious why you had to go in again to sign the updated documents.

I viewed an apt and signed my docs to go to HPD back in late October, I resubmitted updated docs when they asked but they didn't call me to come in, just confirmed that they received them and said they would reach out if they needed anything else.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:35 PM

86 posts, read 104,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesssrocks View Post
Hi Lovely Jungle,

This is great to hear!! do you know if your file was ever sent to HPD from the beginning? Just curious why you had to go in again to sign the updated documents.

I viewed an apt and signed my docs to go to HPD back in late October, I resubmitted updated docs when they asked but they didn't call me to come in, just confirmed that they received them and said they would reach out if they needed anything else.
Are you gen pop? You can call HPD directly to check.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:16 PM

42 posts, read 48,411 times
Yes, I am gen pop, they confirmed they had my file when I called a few months back but said they weren't reviewing it yet because of the whole situation.

Im just wondering since i submitted updated docs to BG if I needed to sign off on anything but I'm guessing not idk

Old 04-09-2018, 09:30 AM

129 posts, read 134,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulartist View Post
hey lovely jungle! are you seeing your apartment today?
No i was not able to see my apartment on Friday since it was last minute they didn't have anyone available to take me to see it. They also told me that the guy who shows them will be on vacation starting today so i wont be able to see it until next week.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesssrocks View Post
Hi Lovely Jungle,

The girl explained to me that after 120 days, which is when they ask for updated documents everything in your file is basically voided and all new paperwork has to be signed. So, i believe you still have to in and sign new papers if they asked you to resubmit docs.

Old 04-09-2018, 12:15 PM

5 posts, read 4,760 times
Hello all,

I am being interviewed Thursday (log # 3xxx gen. pop) and was wondering if anyone is a student like me? I heard students are not approved.

Old 04-09-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chama_ View Post
Hello all,

I am being interviewed Thursday (log # 3xxx gen. pop) and was wondering if anyone is a student like me? I heard students are not approved.

If you are a full time student then no you will not even be interviewed.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:14 PM

5 posts, read 4,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVELYJUNGLE View Post
If you are a full time student then no you will not even be interviewed.
I am but am dropping down to part time this semester due to medical reasons so I think I would still qualify then? They did not ask if I was when scheduling an appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery