Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 12:45 PM

12 posts, read 10,633 times

Advertisements

glad i finally registered for this forum. i would always just check in to see ppls experience. I had the interview for crossroads II and it went well...they checked my credit and i was told everything was good so they will sent it to hpd for final approval. this was about a month ago. the waiting is killing me lol esp since i can see the building from out my window(i live in the area) this would be a blessing for my family. its just me , husband and two boys ( 9yr and 2 yr) and our apt now is ridiculously small and the rent is really high ( 2 bd for 1550 4th floor walkup) which we struggle with . i am praying everyday! best of luck to everyone else!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 01:22 PM

53 posts, read 55,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Thanks everyone. I'd be even happier once more people from this thread get approved as well.
I haven't heard from Zina, but I think she's also awaiting approval for Brook. Everyone here seems to be waiting for Crossroad. Will have to take the bus to visit. lolol
I'm still here I'm so happy for you !!! It Looks beautiful. What floor are you on ? And is the laundry finished ?. I'm praying everything goes well with my application I'm not sure what " under consideration " means but yeah my fingers are crossed .

Old 03-24-2017, 01:50 PM

132 posts, read 122,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazilsweetness View Post
glad i finally registered for this forum. i would always just check in to see ppls experience. I had the interview for crossroads II and it went well...they checked my credit and i was told everything was good so they will sent it to hpd for final approval. this was about a month ago. the waiting is killing me lol esp since i can see the building from out my window(i live in the area) this would be a blessing for my family. its just me , husband and two boys ( 9yr and 2 yr) and our apt now is ridiculously small and the rent is really high ( 2 bd for 1550 4th floor walkup) which we struggle with . i am praying everyday! best of luck to everyone else!!!
I hope everything goes well for you. you can give them a call because is been a month already. best of luck.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:07 PM

111 posts, read 228,174 times
Quote:
Welcome!!! We are all waiting along with you... Good luck!!!

Old 03-24-2017, 02:11 PM

965 posts, read 1,122,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZina View Post
I'm still here I'm so happy for you !!! It Looks beautiful. What floor are you on ? And is the laundry finished ?. I'm praying everything goes well with my application I'm not sure what " under consideration " means but yeah my fingers are crossed .
In all honesty, I forgot to ask about the laundry. Most likely because Auntie's house is a couple of blocks away, and she has a washer / dryer. #SpoiledBrat. lol

I will ask the super once I get in. I had so many questions but forgot all of them once I saw the apartment. I'm on the 2nd floor thank goodness. Quick walk up and down, unless I have a million bag of groceries.

I have a street view, so there may be a lot of road traffic noise for me, but that's fine. I listen to music when I sleep anyway.

I don't know why it's taking so long to process your app, but "under consideration" is miles better than "rejection or appealing". So at least there's that hope.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:39 PM

53 posts, read 55,749 times
Quote:
In all honesty, I forgot to ask about the laundry. Most likely because Auntie's house is a couple of blocks away, and she has a washer / dryer. #SpoiledBrat. lol

I will ask the super once I get in. I had so many questions but forgot all of them once I saw the apartment. I'm on the 2nd floor thank goodness. Quick walk up and down, unless I have a million bag of groceries.

I have a street view, so there may be a lot of road traffic noise for me, but that's fine. I listen to music when I sleep anyway.

I don't know why it's taking so long to process your app, but "under consideration" is miles better than "rejection or appealing". So at least there's that hope.
Haha lol that's great & 2nd floor niceee. I know there's a elevator though . And you're right but I just wish I knew what that meant you know I don't want the whole building to be filled and I don't have a chance at all.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:59 PM

351 posts, read 505,492 times
Quote:
In that case, just go for the one you really want more. Once you actually see the units you could be assigned to, you can make your decision from there. At the end of the day, you don't have to take the one you don't want; and don't feel bad about it. There are loads of other people who will take the one you don't want if it ultimately comes down to "which one should I take."

It's still a bit of a process to get to that state though. You have to become approved, and from there they'd have to set up a date for your apartment inspection.
I hear you and I know.... I don't want anyone to take it the wrong way from like me saying which one should I pick. The one I really want is still in process and the other one is in HDC now, here is the thing if the approval comes for the one that I'm not to crazy about and this is solely due to parking and don't take advantage and don't take it waiting on the one that I do want and then that comes and is a reject now I lose on both. Now If I take it because someone said is a 24 hr decision and I sign a lease and the one I want comes as approve will I be able to take it without any issues. I just want feedback if anyone has been in the same situation. I don't want to seem negative in anyway....

I'm the type of person who likes to be inform I don't like to many surprises you know...

Old 03-24-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Welcome and Good luck!! What is your CB preference? What is your log #?

Old 03-24-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZina View Post
Haha lol that's great & 2nd floor niceee. I know there's a elevator though . And you're right but I just wish I knew what that meant you know I don't want the whole building to be filled and I don't have a chance at all.
I'll be praying for you! Good luck and yes call and ask the lady told me almost 2 weeks shouldn't be longer but then again who knows everyone seems to be having different timelines.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:14 PM

965 posts, read 1,122,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylouheras2 View Post
I hear you and I know.... I don't want anyone to take it the wrong way from like me saying which one should I pick. The one I really want is still in process and the other one is in HDC now, here is the thing if the approval comes for the one that I'm not to crazy about and this is solely due to parking and don't take advantage and don't take it waiting on the one that I do want and then that comes and is a reject now I lose on both. Now If I take it because someone said is a 24 hr decision and I sign a lease and the one I want comes as approve will I be able to take it without any issues. I just want feedback if anyone has been in the same situation. I don't want to seem negative in anyway....

I'm the type of person who likes to be inform I don't like to many surprises you know...
I completely understand what you're saying. I don't think anyone is taking it the wrong way. I was in a similar situation with 605 West 42nd Street. Once you have your eyes and heart set on something, it's difficult to be told anything otherwise.

All I can say is the one I wanted, was the one I wanted. If I was approved for both units, I would have taken 605. But that didn't happen, and probably for good reason. Things happen for a reason; I wasn't meant for that building, and I'm at peace with that. I'm in love with my new place, regardless of what anyone thinks about it, or the Bronx as a whole.

I can get real feisty, real fast. lol
I don't knock anyone for their decisions in life, so I don't expect people to do it to me.

In terms of your specific situation, your safest option is to take whatever comes first. The risky option is to wait it out. Now does the pros of taking the risk outweigh the cons? Only you can answer that.

Once you sign a lease, that's it. You are bound to that contract. If you break the contract, there are severe penalties to be paid. Now, depending on what "process" means, you could in theory be totally fine.

I know this answer probably isn't helping as much, but I'm just keeping it real.

It's rare enough to be called at all, let alone for two at the same time. Probably not that much people with this experience. And if so, not all people who participate in the lottery post on the boards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery