Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2017, 12:29 AM

4 posts, read 3,775 times

Advertisements

i got rejected for crossroads because income is to high . heres the thing the letter said my house hold makes over 75k ? what huh? yea we make that much money and decide to live in fordham road in the bronx because we like the view? that estimate is about 25k more then what we added up i dont understand where they got this number from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 04:58 AM

274 posts, read 485,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid4b View Post
i got rejected for crossroads because income is to high . heres the thing the letter said my house hold makes over 75k ? what huh? yea we make that much money and decide to live in fordham road in the bronx because we like the view? that estimate is about 25k more then what we added up i dont understand where they got this number from
Appeal. Do you have any extra deposits in your bank account? Did ANY overtime in the past 6 months?

Even still... Appeal!!! Good luck

Old 03-28-2017, 06:24 AM

28 posts, read 47,335 times
Hi this is brook apt?

Old 03-28-2017, 06:34 AM

965 posts, read 1,114,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milledys View Post
Hi this is brook apt?
Yes, this thread is for both Brook Avenue and Crossroads.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonhd4250 View Post
yes, this thread is for both brook avenue and crossroads.
thanks, my interview was on march 3
i have not received an mail

Old 03-28-2017, 07:01 AM

132 posts, read 121,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid4b View Post
You need to appeal. Wavecrest reject my application because I was over the income. I appealed they accepted and now my application is in HDC for final approval. Hopefully i get approve for the apartment ������

Old 03-28-2017, 08:51 AM

132 posts, read 121,638 times
Quote:
thanks, my interview was on march 3
i have not received an mail
No news is good news.. I interview for brook apartments on February 6th and a week later I got a rejection email. So just be patient and I hope you get approve.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyky19 View Post
No news is good news.. I interview for brook apartments on February 6th and a week later I got a rejection email. So just be patient and I hope you get approve.
thanks, i hope
I received a notice of xperiam credit score that a landord company checked my credit but they did not ask for the $ 25 dollars for the review and I did not request it in another apartment

Old 03-28-2017, 09:46 AM

965 posts, read 1,114,064 times
Quote:
thanks, i hope
I received a notice of xperiam credit score that a landord company checked my credit but they did not ask for the $ 25 dollars for the review and I did not request it in another apartment
What are you going for? Just so you know all one-bedrooms in the 60% AMI ($847) bracket are gone. When I was offered a unit, there were only Studios available. But someone turned down a one-bedroom and I was then offered that. So unless you're going for a different unit in a different bracket, just know they are filled.

I got lucky someone turned it down (for reasons unknown), going that far into the process. Maybe they didn't want to be on the 2nd Floor facing the street. I didn't care, I took it anyway.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:28 AM

351 posts, read 502,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC8915 View Post
Hey everyone, thought I chime in. I was called in to view an apartment and it was beautiful. 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms (one in master bedroom) plenty of kitchen cabinets - just beautiful. They called me today to schedule a lease signing but advise that I wait for another call. The process for me was strange. I was called in for an interview in October - missed it because of mailbox issues and then again in November - but still had mailbox issues. Finally recieved the letter and they rejected me. I fought hard and finally got my interview which was in early January. Just got the call last Thursday and viewed the apartment Friday. Very happy although I just moved because I thought I wasn't going to get called. Nonetheless- I'll be moving again when I get the lease signing date lol. You melrose and Brooke apartments still haven't reached out to me and I interviewed in November. In Andy case be patient - if you fit the qualifications you've got it. Hope this helps. Super excited for my babies and I. It's been long overdue for us.
Congratulations!!! Which building is this for? What was your log #?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery