Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 09:36 AM

132 posts, read 121,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyFamOf5 View Post
Hello guys!! I've been following this thread since it opened, I'm waiting to be contacted for Crossroads II, was told we have no case manager or anything and we're always just "in process" I have no idea what that means and it drives me bananas. Currently looking for assuring words as my husband and I have 3 kids and we're currently renting one small bedroom. We have no preference that I'm aware of but our log number was <170. So low! Our interview was Jan 6, sent in all final documents by Jan 19, they ran our credit Jan 24th. So I really don't understand whats taking so long. But the kids are getting bigger and we're running out of space for everything I don't know who else to call!
Good Morning,

call the main office and ask if you file has been send to HDC 7184631200.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 09:38 AM

7 posts, read 6,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender25 View Post
Brook Ave emailed me finally. They said my application is still processing...Ugggg My interview was in Jan.
Yeah! Same thing with me, interview in Jan, application still "in process", and nobody can tell me how long it'll be in process for. Apparently no news is good news, so hang on in there!!

Old 04-05-2017, 09:39 AM

7 posts, read 6,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyky19 View Post
Good Morning,

call the main office and ask if you file has been send to HDC 7184631200.
Will the main office know anything different than Natalie Garcia? I tried asking her and she says she can't tell, all she see's is "in process"

Old 04-05-2017, 09:45 AM

24 posts, read 25,611 times
Luckyfamof5 Its just seriously nerve wrecking. They are seriously playing with peoples emotions lol I was super happy once I received the interview letter and now all that went down the drain.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyFamOf5 View Post
Will the main office know anything different than Natalie Garcia? I tried asking her and she says she can't tell, all she see's is "in process"
she does not know anything. every time a call to get an update she says "I am not sure or wait for a call". try to call main office and ask if your file has been sent HDC or call Nathalie and ask her.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:59 AM

965 posts, read 1,116,590 times
For those waiting on Brook. If you're still "in process" I would consider that a good thing. I have been moving little stuff in slowly (the big furniture delivery is coming Saturday, so that would be the day I will literally "move-in"), and have noticed only the 2nd Floor is occupied. Just a few units at that.

I'm assuming my application processed so quickly due to the fact that I am a single applying alone. Families probably have double, triple the paperwork. So hang in there.

I will keep an eye out. So far I've heard one toddler and ran into one woman smoking a cigarette outside. Other than that, it's pretty quiet and lonely.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Luckyfamof5 Its just seriously nerve wrecking. They are seriously playing with peoples emotions lol I was super happy once I received the interview letter and now all that went down the drain.
you right. I cant stop thinking about this process, I am getting sick lol waiting for my final approval.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:28 AM

53 posts, read 55,501 times
Quote:
Brook Ave emailed me finally. They said my application is still processing...Ugggg My interview was in Jan.
Mines to it's going to be 3 months next week. Atleast they emailed you . I haven't gotten any contact .

Old 04-05-2017, 12:26 PM

I read this in another forum. this made me so sad. I lost my hopes and want to give up.

So I just hung up the phone with my coordinator and she said they are up to the 16,000's with log numbers and I'm in the 19,000's. She also said that if a person with a lower log number is asked to send in paper work while their app. Is already in hdc, they have to wait the 5 days till the person gives it in, then wait for Hdc to approve, then show them the apt, etc and they have to do that for every applicant that approves before moving to the next log number... so that's the hold up... she said she is actually waiting for some paperwork from lower logs than me at this very moment. She also said that everyone that approves, on the management's end, their files are being sent weekly to hdc, so just because your file is in hdc doesn't guarantee an apartment.... one more thing, she said she honestly doesn't think they will get to my log number but that you never know.... bummer , hope this info helped someone

Old 04-05-2017, 12:55 PM

28 posts, read 47,592 times
[quote=lakyky19;47747250]I read this in another forum. this made me so sad. I lost my hopes and want to give up.

One of the papers that I signed in the interview authorizing to ask in my work was faxed to the human resources office of my work, in which part of the process I am someone knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery