Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 01:25 PM

351 posts, read 504,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBabies View Post
I hope it doesn't jeopardize your chances. If you are receiving cash through a verbal agreement between you and your ex, then you should put it as a gift in your future applications like jimmy mentioned.
For now explain the situation to them, and they might just ask you to sign an affidavit or to give them a notorized letter. I'm sure they've come across similar cases before. No need to deny you for that.
The thing is that is child support money an agreement between us and I did give them a notarize letter but give a affidavit or anything and I'll sign it but seriously deny me for that I think is barbaric.... We really need this, I want my daughters to have a better home, like I hate it around my area my building is ughhh..... and I don't like using the term hate that word is not usually in my vocabulary but that is how I feel about where I am at. I hope they approve me. I'm praying they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 01:31 PM

24 posts, read 25,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyky19 View Post
I read this in another forum. this made me so sad. I lost my hopes and want to give up.

So I just hung up the phone with my coordinator and she said they are up to the 16,000's with log numbers and I'm in the 19,000's. She also said that if a person with a lower log number is asked to send in paper work while their app. Is already in hdc, they have to wait the 5 days till the person gives it in, then wait for Hdc to approve, then show them the apt, etc and they have to do that for every applicant that approves before moving to the next log number... so that's the hold up... she said she is actually waiting for some paperwork from lower logs than me at this very moment. She also said that everyone that approves, on the management's end, their files are being sent weekly to hdc, so just because your file is in hdc doesn't guarantee an apartment.... one more thing, she said she honestly doesn't think they will get to my log number but that you never know.... bummer , hope this info helped someone

Try not to lose faith. I know its easier said then done, but positive thoughts

Old 04-05-2017, 02:51 PM

274 posts, read 486,878 times
Signing my lease and getting my keys (HOPEFULLY) next Wednesday!!!!!

Old 04-05-2017, 03:15 PM

132 posts, read 122,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
Congrats so happy for you.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender25 View Post
Try not to lose faith. I know its easier said then done, but positive thoughts
I try but the wait is killing me..

Old 04-05-2017, 07:51 PM

111 posts, read 227,749 times
Quote:
It's about time!! Hopefully we'll be neighbors haha... Good luck and keep us posted. You are always on point with the weekly updates, so don't go MIA on us when you move in lol

Old 04-05-2017, 08:41 PM

351 posts, read 504,320 times
Quote:
I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!

Old 04-06-2017, 02:44 AM

49 posts, read 52,473 times
My interview was back in December 2016. I'm still waiting for brook ave . they keep telling me my application still in process and to be patient. Also that I'm waiting for management approval. Its going on 4 months. My log number is in the 6***. For a 3 bedroom. Hopefully they call me soon.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyq137 View Post
My interview was back in December 2016. I'm still waiting for brook ave . they keep telling me my application still in process and to be patient. Also that I'm waiting for management approval. Its going on 4 months. My log number is in the 6***. For a 3 bedroom. Hopefully they call me soon.
Good morning ��,

You will need to be patient because there is only one 3 bedroom available on Brook Ave apartments. Your log number is low so I hope they give it to you. Keep us updated.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:25 AM

49 posts, read 52,473 times
Thanks so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery