Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 02:22 PM

454 posts, read 528,646 times

Advertisements

Lurking in..

I agree with everything Rad has said. Please don't let this consume your life. I've been there once before and it's not a very good feeling to have. Just pray and go about your day. These things does take awhile and it's a very depressing process lol. I've been there. Just pray. Have my fingers crossed for every one that is waiting here.��
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 02:39 PM

351 posts, read 503,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
For 10 years? My goodness that's a long time. I'm hoping this is the end of the long journey. It'll be a fresh start for you and the little ones. It is good to reach out from time to time so you don't fall under the cracks. I realize some people have to resubmit docs every 3 months. Don't understand why it has to come to that point, shouldn't take that long to reach a decision, but hey, they pay off is worth the wait. How long ago were you waiting? Are you near a resubmission time?
So for the Summit Ridge went Feb 1 waiting for HDC....
For Crossroads II March 10 He said complete, no credit check yet but still in process.....

Yes 10 years even before the electronic applications, where we sent envelopes...... ughhh long long time. I got a couple email saying I didn't qualify or no more units available...... Until now still no re-submission period yet hopefully I don't get there... ughhhhh Definitely pays off once approved.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemylayla View Post
Lurking in..

I agree with everything Rad has said. Please don't let this consume your life. I've been there once before and it's not a very good feeling to have. Just pray and go about your day. These things does take awhile and it's a very depressing process lol. I've been there. Just pray. Have my fingers crossed for every one that is waiting here.��
Thank you! I know I don't let it but it does feel nice to come on here and read other peoples experience and even help with other peoples questions that are left unanswered. Always trying to give a helping hand.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:59 PM

965 posts, read 1,116,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylouheras2 View Post
So for the Summit Ridge went Feb 1 waiting for HDC....
For Crossroads II March 10 He said complete, no credit check yet but still in process.....

Yes 10 years even before the electronic applications, where we sent envelopes...... ughhh long long time. I got a couple email saying I didn't qualify or no more units available...... Until now still no re-submission period yet hopefully I don't get there... ughhhhh Definitely pays off once approved.

So if we look at it from the New Year, you're not doing too bad. The past is the past, and we can't change that.

Going forward, you already have something already in the works, and the next soon to follow. Going by the average timeline, this isn't too bad of a wait. Once you reach the end of the 3rd month, the I'd be worried.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
So if we look at it from the New Year, you're not doing too bad. The past is the past, and we can't change that.

Going forward, you already have something already in the works, and the next soon to follow. Going by the average timeline, this isn't too bad of a wait. Once you reach the end of the 3rd month, the I'd be worried.
Yes this year so far has been good to me all thanks to God. I got a new position at my job and this housing opportunity so I am happy about that. I think I'll start to worry in 2 weeks.... lol What they ask for again?

Old 04-13-2017, 03:16 PM

132 posts, read 121,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylouheras2 View Post
You know I was thinking so many people applying, people not even in the thread that have gotten approved and a lot of apartments available but not enough for everyone. What are the chances? These are just thoughts not losing faith but wondering what ifsssssss??? Why if my file is complete why not send it to HDC and after approve leave it until the other ones are checked so if I am able to get I'm done instead of waiting and waiting and keep waiting.... Why keep it longer then it has to be. Let us know the real deal instead of keeping us in suspense all the time.... This is very overwhelming.... ughhhh But let's see what happen...

Sorry about rambling just needed to let it out.

I feel you. me and you are on the same page. I don't want to lose faith but it is hard when you are waiting for an approval and the management office is still doing interviews. I always say I am going to stop thinking about the apartment but is hard when you really want something and is not coming through the way you want. I prefer to know from the beginning if I am going to be approve or if they are going to reject my application. I already lose my hopes

Old 04-13-2017, 04:08 PM

18 posts, read 17,079 times
For the people thats living their now do you guys mind giving us a little insight of how it is.... What's included in the rent and how is the building? How do you guys like it so far?

Old 04-13-2017, 04:49 PM

39 posts, read 39,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyky19 View Post
I feel you. me and you are on the same page. I don't want to lose faith but it is hard when you are waiting for an approval and the management office is still doing interviews. I always say I am going to stop thinking about the apartment but is hard when you really want something and is not coming through the way you want. I prefer to know from the beginning if I am going to be approve or if they are going to reject my application. I already lose my hopes
Trust me I know exactly how you and @Mary feels. I've literally been applying to affordable housing since I graduated college and came back to NY in 07'. I would go in for interviews and either never hear a word back, get put to the wait list, ir or would be told I make too much. I stop applying for a while because it became very discouraging at times. I became obsessed (checking the mail and my phone like a mad woman). So I know exactly how you both feel.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:15 PM

67 posts, read 71,183 times
Hey All ! Quick update. So Morris Avenue processed my file and credit check all within 2 days. I go to view an apartment tomorrow!! Still sending my updated paperwork to Crossroads again on Monday and am hopeful one of the two give me keys. Morris avenue did tell me once I view and accept, my move in date would be may 1st or 15th, so I'm assuming all is set. I know there are some people who haven't heard back from either on this forum and I don't want anyone to feel a way but I'm seriously contemplating the two. I really want Crossroads but I just don't know ����. I've never had "options" when it came to apartments.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:21 PM

67 posts, read 71,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
Lease is signed for Crossroads! I'm moving in on Monday!

Some rules: 1 pet is allowed. No loud music from 10pm to 8am, Mon-Fri. Allowed to paint pastel colors on walls; if darker color, must paint back to original wall color when you move out.

I put my name on the list for parking inquiry. It'll be an outside organization that manages it so don't know the cost as of yet.

There were several other people signing their lease while I was there.
Woohoo ! Congrats ! Still waiting to see if I can get in Crossroads. I won't be on the floor above you anymore (sad face) but possibly still in the same building. Super happy for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery