Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 06:15 PM

31,902 posts, read 26,945,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2ATL2NY View Post
I have applied to all of them currently open...just a little help on this though..

Single male making 40K per year before taxes...Been on my Job Over 2 years

No kids yet BUT I have the following working against me

Im 29 Living with my mom and No credit whatsoever..This would be my first apartment

How are my chances especially with the no credit thing...is it a dealbreaker?

I can definitely pay the rent but Im scared of being denied simply over bad credit
You don't have "bad credit", just none at all.

This may or may not be a bad thing depending upon other circumstances and or what is being looked at.

If you feel must establish some sort of credit apply for one or two cards. Charge small amounts each month (Metrocard, groceries, etc...) and pay off entire bill each month (don't carry a balance).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 10:53 AM

75 posts, read 112,340 times
So im got get two documents they didn't give me back money order how can check cashier it

Old 07-05-2019, 06:39 PM

12 posts, read 39,697 times
Hi; is it normal that you get chosen; go to the interview submit all documents fine and then they tell me all income brackets i quilify for is full; that the is one but is on a way higher income bracket; why they picked me and interviewed me and took my documents if they dont have any apartments available; u dont understand and if you will the lottery and have everything right you dont get any apartment any way; what is the point of winning the lottery then; it s a waist of time; anybody had the same situation what should i do in this case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery