Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 06:35 AM

387 posts, read 558,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
How did everything go during the interview?
Interview was quick..it was PACKED and the line went out to the front of the building. Not sure if I mentioned for which building it was but it was for Webster Commons E.

They sent me back my money order and let me know that I'll be getting a letter/e-mail stating if I was denied or approved-I have a feeling I was denied though, why else would they mail it back? LOL

I'm not upset though , the building is very nice but the surrounding area eh...not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 09:24 AM

274 posts, read 485,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
Interview was quick..it was PACKED and the line went out to the front of the building. Not sure if I mentioned for which building it was but it was for Webster Commons E.

They sent me back my money order and let me know that I'll be getting a letter/e-mail stating if I was denied or approved-I have a feeling I was denied though, why else would they mail it back? LOL

I'm not upset though , the building is very nice but the surrounding area eh...not so much.
Ahhh man..

Unfortunately, many lottery buildings are beautiful yet surrounded by not so great areas.

Hopefully you'll get some type of good news soon though. Thanks for the update!

Old 12-30-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
Ahhh man..

Unfortunately, many lottery buildings are beautiful yet surrounded by not so great areas.

Hopefully you'll get some type of good news soon though. Thanks for the update!
Yup. I secretly hope I get good news though LOL because HELLO that would be awesome. I also e-mailed them and let them know if they have any other apartments with an income eligibility within my bracket and if they are willing to work with me. Apparently, one of the people I work with did that and she got an apartment based off her salary.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:02 AM

351 posts, read 502,520 times
Hey any updates no the apartment did you get approve or denied?

Old 02-09-2017, 10:31 AM

954 posts, read 939,046 times
If they sent the check/money order back then that means they denied you. Wait for the final denial letter and try to fight it. It should contain instructions on how to appeal.

Only if they made a mistake.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli722 View Post
Right. They will go by your paystubs. They do not always ask for a letter from the employer, they MIGHT. So just be ready if they do, but they do go by paystubs. Thats the first thing they check to see if you even meet the income guidelines and second they run a credit check
UPDATE!! Apparently I wasn't "denied" but I just got an email stating that I have been placed on the "waitlist"

**** is weird bro, how come they sent me back my money order within the first month and NOW they're sending out responses???? UGH lol

Old 02-10-2017, 01:37 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
It's not the best news, but take heart. I read that a new tenant in an 80/20 bombed out after the first month (couldn't pay the rent), and the developer was able to select someone off the wait list very soon. So these things do happen.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:39 PM

100 posts, read 175,846 times
I have a question about the landlord verification form. What if my landlord doesn't send it back to the management company? Or is the landlord verification form for HDC? Do they have to wait or give the landlord several notices before sending my file to HDC? Or Will they hold it against me if my landlord doesn't return it to them?

Old 02-27-2017, 09:49 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
It's not the best news, but take heart. I read that a new tenant in an 80/20 bombed out after the first month (couldn't pay the rent), and the developer was able to select someone off the wait list very soon. So these things do happen.
Agreed.
I wasn't necessarily put on the wait list, but I volunteered myself onto it. All they had were Studios when they sent the size preference email. Two days later, they said they were sending my paperwork to the city for approval since a unit "freed up."

How or why? Not asking.

I was prepared for a one year wait, minimum, so it's music to my ears. The same could happen to you!

Old 02-28-2017, 06:25 PM

91 posts, read 177,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Agreed.
I wasn't necessarily put on the wait list, but I volunteered myself onto it. All they had were Studios when they sent the size preference email. Two days later, they said they were sending my paperwork to the city for approval since a unit "freed up."

How or why? Not asking.

I was prepared for a one year wait, minimum, so it's music to my ears. The same could happen to you!
Happy to hear such a great story, I was put on a wait list for 2BD (different building) and was told it can take months or year, hopping for months
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery