Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 02:01 PM

22 posts, read 51,863 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I was wondering how you get chosen for a particular apartment. For example if you qualify for both a studio and one bedroom, do you get to preference which you prefer or does the management company choose for you? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 02:10 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee212 View Post
Hi all! I was wondering how you get chosen for a particular apartment. For example if you qualify for both a studio and one bedroom, do you get to preference which you prefer or does the management company choose for you? Thanks in advance!
It depends on the management company, and availability.

I too have fallen into a bracket for Studio or one-bedroom and was able to pick the one-bedroom, though initially they were out of one-bedrooms, but was lucky one opened up.

Every case is different.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:15 PM

22 posts, read 51,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
It depends on the management company, and availability.

I too have fallen into a bracket for Studio or one-bedroom and was able to pick the one-bedroom, though initially they were out of one-bedrooms, but was lucky one opened up.

Every case is different.
That's awesome congrats! Which management company was it, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 03-12-2017, 02:25 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,726 times
Yuco Management.

They've been nothing short of amazing thus far. It's been a smooth journey because everything is so direct with them. No letters or phone calls. They handle everything through email. My journey started with them on February 17th. Everything went fairly smooth until I had to come back in to sign one final document.

They emailed me at around 8:30 PM letting me know I needed to sign a form. I came in the next morning at 9:15AM and was out by 9:15AM lol.

I'm glad they didn't decide to mail that out!

Before I left I asked when I should expect a final answer, they didn't really have an exact quote, but if I don't hear back by the 20th, I'll send an email.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:55 PM

175 posts, read 235,453 times
I have applied to all of them currently open...just a little help on this though..

Single male making 40K per year before taxes...Been on my Job Over 2 years

No kids yet BUT I have the following working against me

Im 29 Living with my mom and No credit whatsoever..This would be my first apartment

How are my chances especially with the no credit thing...is it a dealbreaker?

I can definitely pay the rent but Im scared of being denied simply over bad credit

Old 03-14-2017, 01:05 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2ATL2NY View Post
I have applied to all of them currently open...just a little help on this though..

Im 29 Living with my mom and No credit whatsoever..This would be my first apartment

I can definitely pay the rent but Im scared of being denied simply over bad credit
Not sure but at 29 It may be time to establish some credit. Its not difficult to do and being a grown up you need that.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:14 PM

274 posts, read 485,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2ATL2NY View Post

Depends on the building requirements. Some require a certain credit score minimum others don't. Most want you to have a low debt to income ratio though so since that won't be an issue, you're off to a good start. Start building credit though. Start small if needed but everything is easier when you have good credit. Good luck

Old 03-14-2017, 04:17 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Get a credit card, charge a couple of things each month and pay the balance off right away.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 11,835 times
any updates. need advice for my interview

Old 12-27-2018, 05:58 PM

75 posts, read 112,340 times
Im have interview to bring all document what next step after give them all paperwork update please mine on 21 Jan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery