Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2017, 08:42 PM

110 posts, read 176,905 times

Advertisements

Who knows really. I know for a fact I make 38k, with the cash deposits I explained even more, and they calculated my income as $200 under, total $34.792! Makes no sense to me, any way I calculate it I know it is more, also if I average last three years tax returns, my this year income and projected income is still higher. I have no idea how they did it but I know they are wrong bc any way I calculate it is 38k. Go figure. I appealed two weeks ago and still waiting for hear back form them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn154 View Post
One question. I definitely meet the salary income, but I've done some overtime on some of my paystubs and I think I'm a little over the income amount. My paystubs say the amount I did on that pay period. Do you think they'll add it up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 09:16 PM

74 posts, read 84,677 times
@Jelly36 - I really think they're playing games with you, because there's no way they can messed that up unless someone with no math skills did the work. I hope your appeal goes well.

But I really wanna start doing more overtime, but I want to wait after they've checked my 6 paystubs. I don't want to go over. I really need to start saving up more money if I do land this apartment.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:55 AM

13 posts, read 12,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by answermyprayersplease View Post
Hey Ibeyi! I've got a question. When I applied to this place I was making just the right amount of salary to qualify (roughly 37.5k/year), I recently got the email to schedule my interview, however about 4 months ago I decided to go part time at my job for some free time during the summer. So my salary looks more like 19k/year now, and my last 6 pay stubs reflects that. However, I also have about 16,XXX in savings. Do you think I'm still eligible?
So they calculate you most recent paystubs and if it reflects 19k you automatically disqualified. If your even $20 over or under your done. But I still recommend you going to your interview and explain your situation. They can give you a employer verification form which basically proves what you make or will be making in the future. You can ask you employer to give you more hours that will bring you back up to 37k. This MAY help.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:10 AM

4,773 posts, read 6,571,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post
Who knows really. I know for a fact I make 38k, with the cash deposits I explained even more, and they calculated my income as $200 under, total $34.792! Makes no sense to me, any way I calculate it I know it is more, also if I average last three years tax returns, my this year income and projected income is still higher. I have no idea how they did it but I know they are wrong bc any way I calculate it is 38k. Go figure. I appealed two weeks ago and still waiting for hear back form them.

Make sure they are multiplying your six pay stubs by the correct number. If you get paid TWICE A MONTH they need to multiply by 24. If you get paid EVERY TWO WEEKS they should be multiplying by 26. This seems to be a pretty common mistake. Good luck with your appeal!

Old 09-19-2017, 08:36 AM

110 posts, read 176,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Make sure they are multiplying your six pay stubs by the correct number. If you get paid TWICE A MONTH they need to multiply by 24. If you get paid EVERY TWO WEEKS they should be multiplying by 26. This seems to be a pretty common mistake. Good luck with your appeal!
Thanks! That is exactly how I calculated it in my appeal. I do have a 2nd (seasonal job), and I guess they counted my seasonal job as it lasts 3 months, instead of 6 months. So I explained it ALL and calculated the right way in my appeal. That is my only explanation on why I think they miscalculated.

Anyway, I just heard back and they are asking me to submit the proof of cash deposits from the seasonal job from Oct-Dec 2016! I explained all the cash deposits from this year Jan - July 2017. I guess they need this to project my cash income for the next 12 months for my seasonal job. I am going to submit this now and explain it and just watch you all - they will now put me OVER income. This is some serious BS.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:41 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,890 times
Something has to be done about Breaking Ground. I'm not going into my details here, but everyone needs to complain to HPD, and go as high as the commissioner, about how the staff is incapable of calculating income correctly.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:29 PM

5 posts, read 7,654 times
Hey deslove! so I was not automatically disqualified after meeting with breaking ground today. instead, I was told that this is all monitored by your previous years 1040 which shows my full time earnings of 37k and was told that I still qualify for an apartment. where did you get your information from?

Old 09-20-2017, 09:32 PM

hey Aquarius37! I wasn't disqualified. I was told that my last years 1040 will be reviewed which shows my good earnings of 37k, because that has the highest earning potential. my credit is also very high. so I should still be in the clear right?

Old 09-21-2017, 06:38 AM

387 posts, read 559,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by answermyprayersplease View Post
Hey deslove! so I was not automatically disqualified after meeting with breaking ground today. instead, I was told that this is all monitored by your previous years 1040 which shows my full time earnings of 37k and was told that I still qualify for an apartment. where did you get your information from?
It's common sense that if you don't fall between the income range you are disqualified. Just stay on top of it because you may have to appeal. The fact that they didn't deny you on the spot is surprising. But hey, every agency does thing different.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:06 AM

Yeah man I hope this works out! I’m prayinggg! Thanks for the feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery