Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 01:11 PM

38 posts, read 48,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyktj View Post
And 1 more thing is THERE ANYONE that is interested in electronic payment for rent?? I was told to get EVERYONE THAT'S INTERESTED to write a letter or sign a paper with there name building an apt. And state you want to pay electronically... The MORE PEOPLE THAT SIGN THE BETTER. They'll take into consideration but we need EVERYONE ON BOARD WITH THIS. SO PLEASE ASK YOUR NEIGHBORS TO WRITE A LETTER WITH THE ABOVE INFO.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE...

Do you think a petition sheet with signatures would be sufficient? If someone teamed up with me I wouldn't mind knocking on doors on the weekend to gather some.
Also I wrote up a little request letter, there are 191 apartments in this complex, if anyone knows a way to get these letters printed for free, maybe we could stick them under doors. Or everyone can tell their neighbor to hand write this note and place it in the envelope with their check. Just a thought.

Stanley Common Owner, LLC
ELH Management LLC
16 Court Street
Suite 800
Brooklyn, NY 11241

DATE:

RE: Request for Electronic Payment System

To whom it may concern,

In collaboration with the fellow residents of the Stanley Commons complex, I ___(name)___of ___(Building Address)____, am formally requesting an electronic payment system be set up for monthly rent payments. We the residents believe an electronic payment system would be beneficial in numerous ways. Such as increased security against the loss or theft of checks and money orders, increased convenience, reduce errors and more reliable proof of payment.

We thank you for your quick action to this matter.

Regards,

__First Name___ ___Last Name___
Stanley Common Resident
____(Building Address)_____
Brooklyn, NY 11207
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 11:23 AM

30 posts, read 28,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandi87 View Post
Do you think a petition sheet with signatures would be sufficient? If someone teamed up with me I wouldn't mind knocking on doors on the weekend to gather some.
Also I wrote up a little request letter, there are 191 apartments in this complex, if anyone knows a way to get these letters printed for free, maybe we could stick them under doors. Or everyone can tell their neighbor to hand write this note and place it in the envelope with their check. Just a thought.

Stanley Common Owner, LLC
ELH Management LLC
16 Court Street
Suite 800
Brooklyn, NY 11241

DATE:

RE: Request for Electronic Payment System

To whom it may concern,

In collaboration with the fellow residents of the Stanley Commons complex, I ___(name)___of ___(Building Address)____, am formally requesting an electronic payment system be set up for monthly rent payments. We the residents believe an electronic payment system would be beneficial in numerous ways. Such as increased security against the loss or theft of checks and money orders, increased convenience, reduce errors and more reliable proof of payment.

We thank you for your quick action to this matter.

Regards,

__First Name___ ___Last Name___
Stanley Common Resident
____(Building Address)_____
Brooklyn, NY 11207

Sorry for the late response BUT YES... This will be VERY helpful.. I wish you had inbox me I would've seen this sooner.. Dandi87 I live in 879 if you put this info on paper I can get copies made and help get this going.. We can even post it in the buildings as well... After all maintenance did the same when 1 of there workers got injured...

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Old 07-23-2018, 01:20 PM

39 posts, read 46,543 times
I'm for it! Electronic payment (even CASH app or Venmo) would be so much more efficient.
(Forgive me... it's been a while since I've been on here, and I realize I started this earlier. :-P)
I can help with printing letters above too.... But who am I passing them to? Or has this already been worked on?

Has anyone in the Hendrix Apts received a coned bill in the last 2-3 months? I rec'd a letter saying it's on hold until they rework things -- i guess change the meter -- but still nothing. Who the heck is paying for my electricity? Am I going to get a crazy high bill when it finally comes?

Old 07-27-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKallDay2017 View Post
I'm for it! Electronic payment (even CASH app or Venmo) would be so much more efficient.
(Forgive me... it's been a while since I've been on here, and I realize I started this earlier. :-P)
I can help with printing letters above too.... But who am I passing them to? Or has this already been worked on?

Has anyone in the Hendrix Apts received a coned bill in the last 2-3 months? I rec'd a letter saying it's on hold until they rework things -- i guess change the meter -- but still nothing. Who the heck is paying for my electricity? Am I going to get a crazy high bill when it finally comes?
Hi BKallDAY2017 By now Dandi87 may have already reached out to you the papers are printed already we just need EVERY tenant to sign so that we can take ALL the papers back to ELH at 1 time.

Do you know anyone in the other buildings? So that we can get them on board if not I will go to them on the weekend to see who might be interested..

Do check on that Con Ed issue though that sounds crazy...
The last thing you want is an EXTREMELY HIGH ASS BILL..

Old 08-06-2018, 08:49 AM

39 posts, read 46,543 times
Hi @kittyktj,
No, I didnt' know about the papers. Has this already been sent in?
Unfortunately I dont' know anyone else in the building like that... but how would I sign?

Old 08-06-2018, 07:19 PM

Hey Bk,,

I work overnights I thought you might've seen Dandi87. Inbox when is a good time to connect with you. I REALLY want to make this happen but need more assistance getting people to sign up in each building.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:39 PM

27 posts, read 31,778 times
Hi guys!

I live in the Wortman Building, does anyone know when the courtyard will be available? Or the community center? I had a tour of it when I first was deciding if I wanted the apartment but not heard anything back from management. If anyone knows information about that could you please leave a message down below. Thanks!

Old 09-20-2018, 08:53 PM

Hi meekmeek87 to my knowledge both are open.. And have been open for some time now.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:29 PM

27 posts, read 31,778 times
Are we allowed to use it?

Old 10-02-2018, 12:05 PM

38 posts, read 48,350 times
Yes you can definitely use the courtyard. The community center is open as well but I have no information on whether there is any preferences for Stanley Common residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery