Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2017, 06:56 PM

12 posts, read 24,276 times

Advertisements

Oh ok I see. Thank you so much for the information. Hopefully they will reach my number when they start non-CB. Good luck to everyone on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma2017 View Post
Hi ValarieMarie,

Are you also CB? Seems like they're working though all the CB first. If you are CB and you would like to reach out to someone, maybe try Mutual Housing NY? But I think even not all CB people have been called yet... if you have an popular AMI and household size, there might be more competition for those units than someone who has a rare AMI/size. So even if Principal Lewis got called with his/her high log#, it might be because he/she fits into one of those rare AMI/size apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 11:35 PM

12 posts, read 28,128 times
Is the interview at the MetroTech center? I confirmed my interview but just noticed they never stated where the interview is taking place.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:46 PM

23 posts, read 28,494 times
has anyone had a update on their status with this complex. i been dealing with this management and its a little crazy to me. they are a bit unorganized. im hoping they get it together and my application get to go to hpd for processing. i have a pretty low log number. can anyone tell me when they started their interview process and where they are at now.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:43 PM

25 posts, read 56,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Significa View Post
Is the interview at the MetroTech center? I confirmed my interview but just noticed they never stated where the interview is taking place.
Yes, the interview should be at MHANY @ 1 MetroTech Center. At least that's where mine was. They should've sent you a confirmation email including all the documents you must bring in, along with the address & floor number.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:27 PM

23 posts, read 37,653 times
Hi all,

I had my interview yesterday at MHANY. Log number 27xxx and income band 4. They didn't have me marked as CB, and I made sure they added it to my file, and after the log number on the green folder.

Reading through everyone's posts here writing about the CB being allotted first, I had a question:

Is it likely that the CB units are already being allotted, running higher than my log number, and I just haven't been chosen because they only corrected their mistake (not marking my file as CB) yesterday? Should I be calling and asking about where the CB allotment is for my income band?

Anyone have any idea about my chances?

Old 08-31-2017, 01:52 PM

9 posts, read 18,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn11216 View Post
Hi Gemma2017 - I have a log number in the 9XXs and CB preference, but haven't heard anything yet from MHANY (nor have friends in a similar position). I can shed a little bit of light on the construction, based on my personal understanding of the NYC Dept of Buildings website from a previous Affordable Housing lottery experience.

In late July, an inspector came to examine the building for a partial Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (or Temp C/O) and August 1st that partial Temp C/O was granted. I say "partial" because it only includes Floors 1-14 (out of 23), minus the apartments with private terraces. The certificate is valid for 3 months, at which point they will need to issue a new Temp C/O in order to proceed with a final Certificate of Occupancy which officially allows for move-in (if that final C/O hasn't already happened). Presumably the rest of the building, floors 15-23 and the terrace apartments, receives its Temp C/O by then too.

Obviously, quite a bit needs to happen before that final C/O, from big things like plumbing and electrical sign-offs to small things like certifying that the developer doesn't need to plant trees on the sidewalk. Visually, as you pass the building, appliances are in the units, and last week there was a cleaning crew wiping down the windows from the inside. The front lobby/entrance is still under total construction, with the sidewalk completely unpaved.

However, there is hope that things may move quickly. Once a building is approved for a Temp C/O, that tends to speed up the remainder of the process, as there is a bit of a race-against-the-clock to finish while that Temp C/O is still valid, or else a new one is needed. From the developer's standpoint, each delay means one day further from occupancy (one day further from rents being paid).

Take this with a grain of salt, but Forest City Ratner claimed recently that the building would be occupied by the end of September, based on a August 3 press release by FCR reported on by watchdog construction blog Atlantic Yards Report: Forest City Q2 results silent on Pacific Park; 38 Sixth nudged back; 461 Dean outpaces 535 Carlton

You can also see a broad biweekly report on Atlantic Yards construction updates building-by-building as reported by New York State Empire State Development here: https://esd.ny.gov/subsidiaries_proj...onupdates.html

Note: the developer some time ago rebranded the larger construction project of the area "Pacific Park Brooklyn", but New York State refers to the project by its original name "Atlantic Yards". Within that project, 38 Sixth Avenue is also referred to as Building B3.

Hope any of that is of interest!
Adding to this that it looks like another inspection was completed today to sign-off on the Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for the remainder of the building. So things are moving along on the construction front!

Old 09-04-2017, 10:20 PM

21 posts, read 33,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
But, c'mon guys, lets be real, developers are in the market to make money. I aint paying market rate to be on the 3rd floor. Lets be realistic - an apartment in that building is enough, now people want penthouse level too? I wish I was lucky enough to be that complacent
What's interesting though is that the studio sizes seem to get smaller the higher the floor on that chart.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:10 PM

31 posts, read 52,963 times
I've been going back and forth with MHANY for the past two weeks. The guy I interviewed with apparently was no longer there and somewhere between us submitting our paperwork package and him leaving, almost every single page of my paystubs was lost. They had a total of like 3 of them so of course they didn't match up to my projected income.

The girl at MHANY called me the first time to ask for three additional docs which I sent on 8/29. She called again yesterday to ask me about those missing docs as apparently my file got kicked back to her as denied. I did not personally receive any email or letter of denial so fingers crossed that they get these docs and they satisfy the income needs.

Just interesting/frustrating on how I could be SO organized (I had a cover sheet and triplicates of everything) and yet somehow still things got messed up. I'm hoping this didn't put me out of the running but my hope is that because MHANY was still involved and telling me what to send management that I am still being considered.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:11 PM

9 posts, read 16,805 times
Yikes, I'm sorry!! From what I've heard about MHANY, I'm not surprised things are a mess over there, but that is a bummer. I would think it will be okay, though--they'd be in hot water if they let you lose out because of their mistake, and I still think all news is good news when it comes to this process because it means your application is active. I haven't heard a peep since my interview!

Thank you (and everyone!) for continuing to share updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly252 View Post
I've been going back and forth with MHANY for the past two weeks. The guy I interviewed with apparently was no longer there and somewhere between us submitting our paperwork package and him leaving, almost every single page of my paystubs was lost. They had a total of like 3 of them so of course they didn't match up to my projected income.

The girl at MHANY called me the first time to ask for three additional docs which I sent on 8/29. She called again yesterday to ask me about those missing docs as apparently my file got kicked back to her as denied. I did not personally receive any email or letter of denial so fingers crossed that they get these docs and they satisfy the income needs.

Just interesting/frustrating on how I could be SO organized (I had a cover sheet and triplicates of everything) and yet somehow still things got messed up. I'm hoping this didn't put me out of the running but my hope is that because MHANY was still involved and telling me what to send management that I am still being considered.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:26 PM

21 posts, read 33,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booksandburritos View Post
Yikes, I'm sorry!! From what I've heard about MHANY, I'm not surprised things are a mess over there, but that is a bummer. I would think it will be okay, though--they'd be in hot water if they let you lose out because of their mistake, and I still think all news is good news when it comes to this process because it means your application is active. I haven't heard a peep since my interview!

Thank you (and everyone!) for continuing to share updates!
Yes I too say be hopeful--sorry this has happened, but the fact that they are asking you for documents means that it is still active! When I went for my intake interview the guy told me that it should take a month or so before I'd hear anything. *fingers crossed*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery