Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 02:47 PM

5 posts, read 7,393 times

Advertisements

I was receiving email notifications for the intake interview part back in July, but when they recently reached out about the affidavit signing and apartment viewing this has been by phone (they have probably called me about 3 times now).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 05:47 AM

220 posts, read 197,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg890 View Post
I took your advice and called to find out if I had a good shot at getting in. She was very honest and told me band 3 is very competitive but not to lose hope. Said it might be months until I hear anything but I am staying positive!

If anyone here is band 3 and no cb I'd be interested in knowing what log #'s you guys are
Sounds about right! Good luck!

Old 01-25-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
Hey y'all! Long time no talk. I just got a call with no voicemail from MHANY. (Sorry to repeat myself, but I know they run multiple lotteries.) I have an absolutely terrible log# and no preference, so I'd be shocked if they were calling me for this, but it seems like you guys are getting called in for interviews via phone. Did you guys get emails, letters, or calls, or what?
I got a letter in the mail. I later checked my spam emails and the invitation to apply was in there. (if i hadn't gotten the physical letter in the mail i may have missed this lottery!)

Old 02-05-2018, 09:18 AM

5 posts, read 6,675 times
Hey everyone,

Been lurking here for a bit and finally got the call that I was approved from MHANY (CP preference, log number #61XX, Band 4 studio). For those who moved in, how long did it actually take the management company to reach out about the lease signing (I know MHANY said two to three weeks) and did you bring the deposit to the lease signing? Thank you!

Also, is there any chance that the management company could still reject me at this point?

Old 02-05-2018, 10:48 AM

22 posts, read 34,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veni422 View Post
Hey everyone,

Been lurking here for a bit and finally got the call that I was approved from MHANY (CP preference, log number #61XX, Band 4 studio). For those who moved in, how long did it actually take the management company to reach out about the lease signing (I know MHANY said two to three weeks) and did you bring the deposit to the lease signing? Thank you!

Also, is there any chance that the management company could still reject me at this point?
got my call from MHANY on the 2nd and the company called two weeks later about signing. didn't bring a deposit to the the signing, but i supposed you could bring your check(s) with you. they just need them like a week or two before your move in date.

rel rejection. i guess anything is possible, but provided you sign and pay i wouldn't sweat it. unless your financial situation has changed dramatically in the last weeks.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhamilton View Post
got my call from MHANY on the 2nd and the company called two weeks later about signing. didn't bring a deposit to the the signing, but i supposed you could bring your check(s) with you. they just need them like a week or two before your move in date.

rel rejection. i guess anything is possible, but provided you sign and pay i wouldn't sweat it. unless your financial situation has changed dramatically in the last weeks.
Thanks, breezyhamilton!

Old 02-05-2018, 12:58 PM

5 posts, read 7,393 times
How much earlier did you guys go in for your affidavit signing before being approved? We're currently in limbo waiting for the final decision from HDC and want to know how long it might take from here. Also, congrats veni422 !!

Old 02-05-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynguy123 View Post
How much earlier did you guys go in for your affidavit signing before being approved? We're currently in limbo waiting for the final decision from HDC and want to know how long it might take from here. Also, congrats veni422 !!
Thank you! I won't really believe it until that lease is signed. Haha. I viewed an apartment and then signed the affidavits on the same day, Jan. 11. There were a few emails back and forth about other missing documents and then I got a call this past Friday, February 2. So about a month-ish. Hang in there and good luck!

Old 02-05-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veni422 View Post
Hey everyone,

I had the same concerns but i think you can relax now.

It took them a while to contact me, i actually called MHANY aftet a few weeks and they reached out to the 38 sixth and then i was contacted that day to come in for lease signing.

You need to bring your deposit up to 5 days before move in date.

Yes theere is a still a chance of rejection if your financial situation changes. I had to re-do my income verification and submit updated paystubs, bank statements ect again because my file expired before my move in date.

Hope this helps. Congrats!

Old 02-05-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynguy123 View Post
approval took some time. I signed i think in october and was approved in december. Hang in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery