Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2017, 08:36 AM

9 posts, read 16,775 times

Advertisements

Yeah I also have CB, they're just doing the preference group right now. And now that you all mention it I also signed a form authorizing the credit check, but they told me they won't actually run it until the next step of the process.

Has anyone heard anything yet? Any updates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 04:38 PM

25 posts, read 56,432 times
ahh hey @booksandburritos no i haven't heard anything yet! wonder if they are still doing the preferences or what the next step in the process is!

Old 07-30-2017, 04:41 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,854,441 times
I am so jealous. my log for this one was like 75K

It was, honestly, my last shot at this rodeo oh well

Old 08-14-2017, 08:24 AM

11 posts, read 24,463 times
Any updates anyone? It feels like forever since our interviews, although I know its just been a month and a half. I wish we had a sense of where they are at in the process. Does anyone know how the construction is coming along on the building?

Old 08-14-2017, 08:59 AM

9 posts, read 18,687 times
Hi Gemma2017 - I have a log number in the 9XXs and CB preference, but haven't heard anything yet from MHANY (nor have friends in a similar position). I can shed a little bit of light on the construction, based on my personal understanding of the NYC Dept of Buildings website from a previous Affordable Housing lottery experience.

In late July, an inspector came to examine the building for a partial Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (or Temp C/O) and August 1st that partial Temp C/O was granted. I say "partial" because it only includes Floors 1-14 (out of 23), minus the apartments with private terraces. The certificate is valid for 3 months, at which point they will need to issue a new Temp C/O in order to proceed with a final Certificate of Occupancy which officially allows for move-in (if that final C/O hasn't already happened). Presumably the rest of the building, floors 15-23 and the terrace apartments, receives its Temp C/O by then too.

Obviously, quite a bit needs to happen before that final C/O, from big things like plumbing and electrical sign-offs to small things like certifying that the developer doesn't need to plant trees on the sidewalk. Visually, as you pass the building, appliances are in the units, and last week there was a cleaning crew wiping down the windows from the inside. The front lobby/entrance is still under total construction, with the sidewalk completely unpaved.

However, there is hope that things may move quickly. Once a building is approved for a Temp C/O, that tends to speed up the remainder of the process, as there is a bit of a race-against-the-clock to finish while that Temp C/O is still valid, or else a new one is needed. From the developer's standpoint, each delay means one day further from occupancy (one day further from rents being paid).

Take this with a grain of salt, but Forest City Ratner claimed recently that the building would be occupied by the end of September, based on a August 3 press release by FCR reported on by watchdog construction blog Atlantic Yards Report: Forest City Q2 results silent on Pacific Park; 38 Sixth nudged back; 461 Dean outpaces 535 Carlton

You can also see a broad biweekly report on Atlantic Yards construction updates building-by-building as reported by New York State Empire State Development here: https://esd.ny.gov/subsidiaries_proj...onupdates.html

Note: the developer some time ago rebranded the larger construction project of the area "Pacific Park Brooklyn", but New York State refers to the project by its original name "Atlantic Yards". Within that project, 38 Sixth Avenue is also referred to as Building B3.

Hope any of that is of interest!

Old 08-14-2017, 09:04 AM

Thanks! This is all so helpful! I wish you luck... that's a pretty good number. Mine is 3XXX with CB. There is only 1 unit with my AMI/household size so my odds aren't great, but I still am holding out hope.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:15 AM

125 posts, read 210,167 times
My log is in the 2xxx with CB. And I also work for the city. I REALLY REALLY hope I get in . Good luck to all that applied and fingers crossed.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:20 AM

Good luck!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:34 AM

31 posts, read 52,866 times
Thanks so much brooklyn11216! That's really helpful info. I had my prelim interview on July 10 and was told I could check in after four weeks to see if there was movement. Got a response last week from our interviewer with the management company on CC that there was no new info to relay. Really appreciate everyone posting where they are in the process and any new developments they hear/happen. Great to have other perspectives and insights on this whole process!

Old 08-14-2017, 05:56 PM

9 posts, read 14,365 times
Does anyone know how these apartments might compare to the apartments at 535 Carlton in terms of size and layout? 535 Carlton had very large AC units in each room. Wondering if the same is true at 38 Sixth.

Also, some lucky people got terraces at 535 Carlton. Walking by 38 Sixth avenue, it looked like a possibility that some apartments would have outdoor space. Just wondering if anyone might know about that.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery