Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 10:29 PM

153 posts, read 183,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn11216 View Post
I got a call from MHANY yesterday (from the main number) inviting me for an "apartment viewing". The first two dates for that are Friday (tomorrow) and Monday.
Awesome, thats great news. At least you are moving on....

I remember you saying you were band 3 - When you go to you viewing, can you please ask how many apartments are left in the building? Or just how many are still available? Hopefully you can view more than 1 unit?

I have a log number around 1,XXX, CB pref, and I am so curious if there will be any units left at this point... there are only 9 apartments for 1 person households in band 3.

Let us all know

And congrats to any one else moving on in the process. Any one with knowledge, please feel free to share your experience or info!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 08:12 AM

23 posts, read 28,567 times
Good morning everyone, all this information is very helpful, especially the information about the tco process. Here is my issue with mhany. They are unprofessional and all over the place. I interviewed with them recently and i had to go in on numerous occasions to bring back paperwork. Things that i couldve provided after sitting down the second time. The people doing the interviews seem like that dont have mich knowledge of how this process is suppose to go. Im a city employee and i definitely forgot to check to see if they have mearked as one. I emailed the management yesterday and they reaponded stating i am but wo know if they are following that order. This management is really behind and dont really have any tyoe of order when it come to this. This is my secind building with this management and im having the same issies. The other building i got called for still dont have tco and they had this building since 2013. They was supposed to fill it since then. Out of the 11 building with hopkinson project they only have 3 tco but processed people but now have people waiting on them to complete getting the tco to finish being process. Its annoying. Im afraid to call thr compliance department at hpd bc if they change managements everyone would have to reapply. Can someone shed light on the tco site and process again. I jist hope i get in. I havent heard anything yet. Completed my paywork on sept 5. So im hoping the contact me soon to let me know something bc the process with calculating income really shouldn't take longer than a week or two. Good luck everyone.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:20 AM

Can someone also explain if they have knowledge how the order go. Im an municipal worker. My log num is 10** im not sure what band im in but im hoping for a 2 bedroom bc its me and my daughter. I think thats band 2 bc the grade income started at 54k. Can someone shed a little more knowledge of how the process work.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:27 AM

So do you have to live in the community board or be apart of the community board. What qualifies you to be a community board memeber. I work for the city and not sure if i qualify as part of the community board. How would i find out

Old 09-16-2017, 08:34 AM

Do anyone know how the order wirk. Is cb, elderly and then municipal workers. Then general public.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:26 AM

153 posts, read 183,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerdna View Post
Can someone also explain if they have knowledge how the order go. Im an municipal worker. My log num is 10** im not sure what band im in but im hoping for a 2 bedroom bc its me and my daughter. I think thats band 2 bc the grade income started at 54k. Can someone shed a little more knowledge of how the process work.
Hey - Pretty straightforward guide lines here: https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...entPdf/324.pdf

Band 3, two bedrooms start at $55,955. You can determine where you fit in based on YOUR salary from this guide. Of course, when they calculate your income, it might be a bit different from what you expected... its weird..

Community Board 2, 3, 6 and 8 - Do you live in one of these?... you can easily check if you live in one of the 4 priority community boards for this building online CAU - Find Your Community Board - Brooklyn Community Boards

Old 09-16-2017, 09:33 AM

25 posts, read 56,608 times
Does anyone know the pet policy?

Old 09-16-2017, 09:45 AM

125 posts, read 211,761 times
Really hope what someone said earlier about them being up to log # 2500s in cb is true. My number is in the 26xxs. Im going to call on Monday just to make sure they received the documents I emailed on Thursday. Every time I drive past the building coming back from work I get so anxious.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:17 AM

31 posts, read 53,029 times
GdSimmons I do the same thing. Except I walk by because I currently live 6 blocks away. I can see it from my street, taunting me. If you get an update please share. I turned in my revised paperwork last over a week ago and heard nothing back so called them to be sure they had and the girl hadn't even printed it out let alone seen it.

I'm usually a trust that someone is doing their job type person but in this case I think following up is the right way to go. I only called on Thursday so I'm going to give them until next Thursday before I pester. I'm 27XX so right behind you, sort of. I'm band 2 and hoping with all my heart for a 2-bedroom.

Citygirl2791 I don't know the details but since they offer a pet grooming area as an amenity my assumption is pets are allowed. Sure they have to be approved in advance for dogs as that's what most of these buildings require. At least I hope so because I have a small pup.

Seems like things are finally moving along so the more people can share the more the rest of us really appreciate it!

Old 09-16-2017, 01:45 PM

25 posts, read 56,608 times
Yes the pet grooming area is a dead giveaway I just want to be sure. This process has me literally going insane i keep thinking about it lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery