Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 08:35 AM

22 posts, read 34,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
I had the same concerns but i think you can relax now.

It took them a while to contact me, i actually called MHANY aftet a few weeks and they reached out to the 38 sixth and then i was contacted that day to come in for lease signing.

You need to bring your deposit up to 5 days before move in date.

Yes theere is a still a chance of rejection if your financial situation changes. I had to re-do my income verification and submit updated paystubs, bank statements ect again because my file expired before my move in date.

Hope this helps. Congrats!

SAME situation re: file going stale before move in date. I have to send in new statements and stubs, nothings changed but I’m nervous nonetheless even though I signed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 11:07 AM

5 posts, read 6,636 times
Quote:
I had the same concerns but i think you can relax now.

It took them a while to contact me, i actually called MHANY aftet a few weeks and they reached out to the 38 sixth and then i was contacted that day to come in for lease signing.

You need to bring your deposit up to 5 days before move in date.

Yes theere is a still a chance of rejection if your financial situation changes. I had to re-do my income verification and submit updated paystubs, bank statements ect again because my file expired before my move in date.

Hope this helps. Congrats!
My financial situation hasn't changed at all, so I guess I'll breathe easy now. This is all helpful. Thanks!

Old 02-07-2018, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,335 times
Hello new to the forum ...........is this a smoke free building?

Old 02-07-2018, 03:38 PM

9 posts, read 14,372 times
Hi there, Does anyone know if there is an extra charge to use the bike storage room? I had thought it was part of the amenity package at 38 Sixth Avenue, but I found out there is a $15/month charge at the nearby 535 Carlton lottery building.

Also, does anyone know/have experience with what the electricity bills might come to for a one bedroom apartment?

Thanks!

Old 02-09-2018, 12:41 PM

21 posts, read 33,016 times
Got a call and email today saying they've reached my log number (7X,XXX) for a band 5 studio ($2,121), asking me if I want to proceed. I currently live in a fairly comfortable studio for much less, so I'm not all that enthusiastic. For people who have seen it, is a studio here worth over $2,000?

Old 02-09-2018, 02:25 PM

23 posts, read 37,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEETEE1 View Post
Hello new to the forum ...........is this a smoke free building?
Yes, the building is smoke free.

Old 02-09-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npsBK View Post
Got a call and email today saying they've reached my log number (7X,XXX) for a band 5 studio ($2,121), asking me if I want to proceed. I currently live in a fairly comfortable studio for much less, so I'm not all that enthusiastic. For people who have seen it, is a studio here worth over $2,000?
The studio I saw had a LOT of closet and storage space. More than any other studio I've seen anywhere... I wanted a 1 bedroom, so I didn't take it.

Old 02-09-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delish_dish View Post
Hi there, Does anyone know if there is an extra charge to use the bike storage room? I had thought it was part of the amenity package at 38 Sixth Avenue, but I found out there is a $15/month charge at the nearby 535 Carlton lottery building.

Also, does anyone know/have experience with what the electricity bills might come to for a one bedroom apartment?

Thanks!
There will be a separate charge for the bike room, likely $15 per month per bike, but they haven't figured it out yet.

The electricity is unpredictable as of now. It is not a fixed cost like 535 (just verified it) and you'll be charged for cooling cost as well as the fan portion of the heating cost (the heating itself is gas). So it's difficult to say.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:54 AM

220 posts, read 196,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npsBK View Post
I managed to sneak a pic of a studio when the workers left a door open... Judge accordingly

Multiple Closets to the right side

Old 02-10-2018, 08:46 AM

21 posts, read 33,016 times
Thanks. And whoa with the one window. My current studio has three (I have a corner apt). And what don’t have for closet space is made up for by apt space. I’m following my instinct and passing on this. I’m not surprised that for their asking price for band5 studios they have gotten all the way to 7x,xxx. There is little here to entice renting for that price.

Quote:
I managed to sneak a pic of a studio when the workers left a door open... Judge accordingly

Multiple Closets to the right side
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery