Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2018, 12:16 PM

6,699 posts, read 6,085,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manohla View Post
Same here. Got a call today. Am viewing a $2121 studio. Scared I'll love it but that's just too much $$ for the space. Especially when I live in a rent-controlled 2-bedroom. I've been there for 30+ years, though, and it's a bit run down with barely any heat or hot water in the winter... I'll see how it goes. Anyone have any pictures of a studio they can share?
Oh, gosh do I understand your dilemma! I had a similar one myself: Had a one and a half bedroom rent controlled apartment - although it was older, and I also won a studio lottery!
I would say, go through the process. Once they call you to view the apartment then you can decide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 06:08 PM

12 posts, read 20,131 times
Anyone here moving in March 1.

Old 02-22-2018, 06:16 PM

Hi retro flashback would you mind sharing the day you got accepted by HDC

Old 02-23-2018, 08:13 AM

2 posts, read 3,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUANA808 View Post
Hi retro flashback would you mind sharing the day you got accepted by HDC
Hey - just saw this.

Here was the timeline:

Jan 3rd - Contacted by an agent from MHANY to come in for an interview (brought in paystubs, W2s, tax returns, bank statements, etc etc)

Jan 12th - Received confirmation from MHANY that all my documents are in order and to wait for the scheduling of viewing

Feb 19th - Received call from MHANY that I'm eligible for a band 5 studio and viewing will be the 28th.

I contacted MHANY and asked why I was considered "non-preference" and they told me it is because members living in the nearby area has preference. Since I'm located in LES - I'm considered "non-pref" and will most likely not be able to get a band 4. She also mentioned I have the option of being waitlisted or accept the apartment if all goes well.

TBH - I'm most likely going to pass. With a monthly rent of $2xxx..that's a mortgage payment for a co-op.

I'll try and get some pictures in when I check it out on Wed.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:01 PM

Thank you for sharing!

Old 02-27-2018, 09:38 AM

11 posts, read 13,427 times
Anyone know whether 2 bed unit has either 1 or 2 bathrooms? (not sure if matters, but for unit in the highest income bracket, band 5?)

Old 03-01-2018, 02:34 PM

218 posts, read 474,418 times
They offered us a one bedroom and we are looking for a two bedroom so we declined to hand in our paper work. The management company has been very responsive to our e-mails. For those who are looking for more answers below are two things I gathered from the few e-mails with them.

"We are not sure if this development would require to recheck your income after a year. But re-certification is common once your lease ends"

"There no laundry machines inside the apartment, but each floor has a laundry room for tenants to use"

Old 03-04-2018, 09:46 AM

6 posts, read 54,847 times
Does anyone live in the building and how do you like it? I was given the opportunity for 250 Ashland, 461 Dean, and 535 Carlton, but they were all very large buildings. I do regret not taking 250 Ashland!

Thank you!

Cri

Old 03-04-2018, 11:18 AM

220 posts, read 197,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9870433 View Post
Anyone know whether 2 bed unit has either 1 or 2 bathrooms? (not sure if matters, but for unit in the highest income bracket, band 5?)
I took a sneak at an empty 2 bedroom on my floor and it only had one (spacious) bathroom. Not sure about other floors, best to ask the leasing agent.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:20 AM

220 posts, read 197,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishfulthinking90 View Post
Does anyone live in the building and how do you like it? I was given the opportunity for 250 Ashland, 461 Dean, and 535 Carlton, but they were all very large buildings. I do regret not taking 250 Ashland!

Thank you!

Cri
I really like it here, no complaints so far. Love the area and the convenience of multiple subway lines..makes my commute to work so much easier than my previous apt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery