Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2018, 09:36 AM

220 posts, read 196,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delish_dish View Post

Also, does anyone know/have experience with what the electricity bills might come to for a one bedroom apartment?

Thanks!
My first electric bill just came for month of February and its $95

Thats pretty close to what it cost at my last apt. I work nights though so my heat unit is mostly off unless its cold during the day or if i am off. But i still use it fairly regularly so i am happy with the cost as i expect it to decrease as the spring comes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 07:27 AM

22 posts, read 34,534 times
Does anyone know how to set up my laundry card, was just expecting to fill it up using the machine near the lobby but it's asking for a pin or acct #.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:06 PM

12 posts, read 20,084 times
Did anyone try the gym or amenities ?

Old 03-21-2018, 05:08 PM

12 posts, read 20,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
My first electric bill just came for month of February and its $95

Thats pretty close to what it cost at my last apt. I work nights though so my heat unit is mostly off unless its cold during the day or if i am off. But i still use it fairly regularly so i am happy with the cost as i expect it to decrease as the spring comes.
How about the summer time tho? I’m thinking about the air conditioner and how that bill is going to be 😰

Old 03-23-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhamilton View Post
Does anyone know how to set up my laundry card, was just expecting to fill it up using the machine near the lobby but it's asking for a pin or acct #.
Hey, you register your card via this website Cash and coin-operated laundry equipment : Hercules and load money on it. Then use the machine in the lobby to "activate" the money on the card.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUANA808 View Post
How about the summer time tho? I’m thinking about the air conditioner and how that bill is going to be 😰
Summer was about $150 lol

Old 03-23-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUANA808 View Post
Did anyone try the gym or amenities ?
I dont think the gym is open yet. Last i spoke to office they said they would send out an email when it isready with info how to sign up for the free trial etc.

i dont even remember which floor has the balcony view lol

Old 03-23-2018, 01:11 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,872,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
Hey, you register your card via this website Cash and coin-operated laundry equipment : Hercules and load money on it. Then use the machine in the lobby to "activate" the money on the card.
That has to be annoying. We have the same here but the machine is in the laundry room. Such a ripoff I’m going to start sending my laundry out, way cheaper than doing laundry in my building, unfortunately I need to finish the $50 I added first

Old 03-24-2018, 06:53 PM

44 posts, read 81,318 times
Hey
I just got an email for an interview in this building.
From the people already living in the building, how is it? Any stories or recommendation?

Old 03-25-2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
That has to be annoying. We have the same here but the machine is in the laundry room. Such a ripoff I’m going to start sending my laundry out, way cheaper than doing laundry in my building, unfortunately I need to finish the $50 I added first
hmmm What's the cost in your building? Its $1.50 per medium machine / dryer which I thought reasonable as its $1.25 in Flatbush laundromats for the small machines

Plus these are HE machines so I use way less detergent than I used to...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery