Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 12:53 AM

220 posts, read 196,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2016 View Post
Hey
I just got an email for an interview in this building.
From the people already living in the building, how is it? Any stories or recommendation?
Quiet, clean and great location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 5,291 times
Default Moving in !

Good Afternoon Everyone

I recently got a call for an interview and I have a question. My fiancé and I both received calls from different lotteries , we applied separately before becoming engaged. My question is if he was to move with me or the opposite will they terminate the lease.

Thanks in advance for all replies

Old 03-26-2018, 12:09 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,037,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGirl2817 View Post
Good Afternoon Everyone

I recently got a call for an interview and I have a question. My fiancé and I both received calls from different lotteries , we applied separately before becoming engaged. My question is if he was to move with me or the opposite will they terminate the lease.

Thanks in advance for all replies
You should tell them that your status has changed. But to do so may mean that neither one of you will qualify any longer for housing. If you keep your engagement a secret until after you win the lease, I'm not sure if they can legally do anything to have the other kicked out. They may raise your rent a bit, but I'm not really sure how they'll even find out someone is living with you.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
You should tell them that your status has changed. But to do so may mean that neither one of you will qualify any longer for housing. If you keep your engagement a secret until after you win the lease, I'm not sure if they can legally do anything to have the other kicked out. They may raise your rent a bit, but I'm not really sure how they'll even find out someone is living with you.

Thank you ! I have read other threads where people kept a secret as well and everything was fine , just wasn’t sure what the consequences were if they were to find out.

Thank you !

Old 03-27-2018, 11:39 AM

23 posts, read 37,518 times
I just moved in. Anyone else want to meet the neighbors and say hi? Would be nice to have a couple friendly faces in the building.

The gym just opened today. They sent an email out.

As for partners moving in: you'll be kicked out if this is your partner's primary residence. That means no paychecks, utilities, bank accounts, mail etc for your partner should be at this address. The whole point is that if you have two people living in the apartment that was designated for the income of one person, you're cheating the system. I'd advise renting a cheap room with roommates for your partner, and having him/her stay one night there. Six nights at your apartment. Have your partner make rent payments to a different apartment. That's fine. It's just for a year, after which you can both be on the lease.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:42 AM

220 posts, read 196,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyneer View Post
I just moved in. Anyone else want to meet the neighbors and say hi? Would be nice to have a couple friendly faces in the building.

The email says 4/2 and I am down! PM me if you'd like.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:11 PM

9 posts, read 12,057 times
Default childcare

Hi all,

My son and I will be moving to the building in May.. he doesn't start Pre-K until September. Does anyone know of local child care options accepting kids for the summer?

Thanks!

Old 03-28-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:

As for partners moving in: you'll be kicked out if this is your partner's primary residence. That means no paychecks, utilities, bank accounts, mail etc for your partner should be at this address. The whole point is that if you have two people living in the apartment that was designated for the income of one person, you're cheating the system. I'd advise renting a cheap room with roommates for your partner, and having him/her stay one night there. Six nights at your apartment. Have your partner make rent payments to a different apartment. That's fine. It's just for a year, after which you can both be on the lease.
Thank you.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
The email says 4/2 and I am down! PM me if you'd like.
Quote:

Niceeee! How long was the process for you guys from interview to move in time?

I have an interview coming up and I'm curious to see the how the quickly the process moved from others.

Does this place have parking as well? I saw one article that said there was underground parking. But i have not seen that on the actual website.

Does anyone have pics of a 1 bedroom as well? I am curious to see a real life photo, not the ones from the website.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:16 AM

23 posts, read 37,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollyimgully View Post
Niceeee! How long was the process for you guys from interview to move in time?

I have an interview coming up and I'm curious to see the how the quickly the process moved from others.

Does this place have parking as well? I saw one article that said there was underground parking. But i have not seen that on the actual website.

Does anyone have pics of a 1 bedroom as well? I am curious to see a real life photo, not the ones from the website.
Almost 8 months from interview to move in. But it may be a month or so shorter for you. Depends.

Dunno about parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery