Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 07:48 PM

252 posts, read 306,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
quote:
Called today and needless to say I'm pissed ! It's myself and my bf's jobs holding up the process ! They've been trying to verify my employment since December and tried yesterday for the final time! Good thing I kept calling because I needed answers! I'm harrassing my job now to get their ***** together because they told me that I was basically approved by them and they're waiting to send my file to the city ! Omggggggg you have no idea the level of livid I am on smh

Be on TOP of your HR/ work people sending stuff the city. They can be totally passive-aggressive and see that someone is daring to find an affordable apartment and then delay, delay, delay sending the form the city which you have no idea bout. Sometimes they claimed they never received it. People are nasty sometimes. Then you find yourself on a waiting list because the apartments filled up while your HR sat on the form (or threw it in the trash). Just beware Been through this process many times.
Oh i am well aware that at any point they can screw with me in this process which is why i've been on them the way i am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful01 View Post
Oh i am well aware that at any point they can screw with me in this process which is why i've been on them the way i am
Yup it's happening now. Everything on my end is handled but now its my bf job holding up the process saying a one page fill in the blank form takes 5-7 business days to complete. Total bs since it only took my job an afternoon

Old 01-13-2018, 08:41 AM

111 posts, read 96,171 times
Hey guys, I’m also going through problems my husband lost his job and now they are asking for a million of things all over again to see if my income alond still qualifies. Even though my income alone still qualifies us I have loss all hopes is very sad the stress this process puts on you. I’ll still keep trying but like I said I’m not expecting good news because is starting a all new verification and my the time they are done the apartment would be given to somebody else is very sad I really need it this but is all in God’s hands. Good luck you everyone here hopefully things go well for everybody

Old 01-13-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start1419 View Post
Hey guys, I’m also going through problems my husband lost his job and now they are asking for a million of things all over again to see if my income alond still qualifies. Even though my income alone still qualifies us I have loss all hopes is very sad the stress this process puts on you. I’ll still keep trying but like I said I’m not expecting good news because is starting a all new verification and my the time they are done the apartment would be given to somebody else is very sad I really need it this but is all in God’s hands. Good luck you everyone here hopefully things go well for everybody
I'm starting to give up hope too because of this silly verification which when looking at the form is basically repeating the same thing all over again of information they ALREADY have just not fair how long they wait to get everything especially since the building is 95% done

Old 01-13-2018, 01:31 PM

YES!! Exactly the lady said not to worry because the building is not even done but yet again she said it might set the process back, and others who have everything in order move up. It just sad all together

Old 01-13-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start1419 View Post
YES!! Exactly the lady said not to worry because the building is not even done but yet again she said it might set the process back, and others who have everything in order move up. It just sad all together
i feel as if my only saving grace is that i have cb pref. if i didnt have it i felt like they wouldve been tossed me to the side. i fear that time is about to come with me because of this verification thing

Old 01-13-2018, 02:09 PM

We are on the same boat, I also have CB but this set back has me worried, I really thought this was a much faster process but it’s taking forever, good luck to you and let hope everything will go well

Old 01-16-2018, 10:12 PM

174 posts, read 106,347 times
has anyone heard anything i went to the interview 11/9/2017 My credit and income was approved i also gave in all the papers they asked. My son has a disability and they asked for doctor papers. gave it in.. The lady said building will be done in january.. has anyone heard anything yet ?

Old 01-17-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanitaLinda View Post
has anyone heard anything i went to the interview 11/9/2017 My credit and income was approved i also gave in all the papers they asked. My son has a disability and they asked for doctor papers. gave it in.. The lady said building will be done in january.. has anyone heard anything yet ?
I am always in contact with them. Literally to the point where I feel like they recognize my number and voice lol but when I went to check on the building yesterday the only update I saw was that they have installed an intercom system on the door but the doors arent done yet. still blue tape around the edges to keep them together

Old 01-17-2018, 11:19 AM

144 posts, read 98,530 times
Hello everyone, I'm new to this board in regards to LCDM. I too did two interviews having to sign a boatload of papers on the second interview. My credit was check two days later. This all happened in October. On December 8, I was contacted to send in some papers that proved I was living at the Bronx address during the time I submitted my application. After that, I've heard nothing. I guess I'm too scared to call and see where I stand in regards to my application and am on pins and needles praying that I'm approved. It is only me signing up for a studio, but the interviewer said I qualified for a one bedroom and wrote that down. After have read all of the posts here, does anyone know for sure if I call their office I could find out where I stand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery