Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 07:58 AM

93 posts, read 218,258 times

Advertisements

I thought I would start this thread because there seems to be a lot of us on the waiting list for either the 1 bedroom or the studio.

I myself am on the list for the studio, and feel like I won the lottery just by being on the waiting list lol.

There is not a lot of information online about York Hill, as one would imagine. Does anyone have any ideas of how the studios look? Possible layouts? How long the waiting list will be?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 09:27 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,615,298 times
I didn't get lucky, not selected, but I did apply. I like the area, though a bit bland. It's nice, to me at least.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:13 AM

I like the area and agree it's a bit bland... but in a way, that's what I like about it. It's not so loud there and with the 2nd ave subway, transportation options should get easier.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:26 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,987 times
It says not selected for me :-(

Old 09-20-2017, 05:04 PM

13 posts, read 36,769 times
I' m no 7xx for the studio apt. I, too, feel very lucky.....wishing I could see a layout or feedback from those who are familiar in any way with the building. Also, what is the difference between 1540 and 1550 York?

Old 09-20-2017, 07:29 PM

We have similar log numbers! I am dying to hear more about the apartments and how long it might be of a wait. Are you going to move in alone or with someone?

Old 09-21-2017, 05:37 AM

129 posts, read 270,239 times
Good luck to everyone who is on the list!

I am in the 1 bed waiting list. For some reason they are not updating the 1 bed waiting list on the website. I refuse to believe that after more than a year whoever has log #1 still has no apartment. Specially since someone posted here that an inside source said there wasn't a huge response for that lottery.

It's bitter sweet for me because I made it to a list in a building that I like but I won't qualify for it in 1-2 years. I'm getting married and just got a promotion last spring. I can't stop my life waiting for a Mitchell Lama so we'll see what happens.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:02 AM

I hope you get an apartment! Crossing my fingers for you.

I grew up in (and currently live in) a Mitchell Lama project in Queens and it is truly the best thing that ever happened to my family. We've been here for 3 generations now, and I know that ML is the reason why we could live a really nice, middle class life in an increasingly expensive city. I wish NYC could make more of them, and I wish privatization were never an option but that's another discussion!

I know that on the other ML thread someone mentioned they know people who live in York Hill and have seen many apartments. I hope he comes to this thread and draws a floor plan on MS Paint for us lol.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:09 AM

13 posts, read 36,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newforkcity View Post
We have similar log numbers! I am dying to hear more about the apartments and how long it might be of a wait. Are you going to move in alone or with someone?
Going to move in alone.....wondering about the approximate wait time too.....good luck going forward.....we've already proven to be lucky getting selected in lottery.....wonder how many applied for the studio?

Old 09-21-2017, 09:16 AM

2 posts, read 14,872 times
The application is due on October 16. If we submit before then, do you think that plays in our favor? Or they just go by log #?

Also for those who were wondering what the layout for the studio looks like, I found this on streeteasy

http://streeteasy.com/property/78012...york-avenue-2f

Though I can't vouch for its accuracy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery