Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2019, 12:25 PM

30 posts, read 27,864 times

Advertisements

@heyjuls You’re welcome!! Enjoy it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 04:36 PM

77 posts, read 85,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjuls View Post
It’s official I have been approved by HPD.
Congrats!

Old 08-13-2019, 05:58 PM

33 posts, read 32,713 times
Quote:
It was very vague so I’m not sure if I’m on a waitlist.

This is what it read: We have received your application for residency in the project indicated above. Although we have reached your log number, according to the information on your application, you do not meet the current guidelines for the remaining available units.

My guess is unless someone in my AMI moves out and an apt in my income range becomes available and my log number is next in line... I won’t be hearing from them.
sorry to go back but @heyjulus can you explain how and when you were called back in after getting the letter that you no longer qualified?? did you put in an appeal or did they get back in contact with you after the letter??

my log is 10XX and I am hoping and praying to hear good news

Old 08-13-2019, 09:32 PM

32 posts, read 24,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepinthefaith19 View Post
sorry to go back but @heyjulus can you explain how and when you were called back in after getting the letter that you no longer qualified?? did you put in an appeal or did they get back in contact with you after the letter??

did you already interview or did you put in an appeal? also if you don't mind my asking what AMI?

Old 08-13-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratapVIA57 View Post
Finally I have received the letter, which is not what I expected:

The current available units are 120% of are median income.

It doesn't sound right to me because if you have been chosen that means the units have to be available for the median income we qualified. I will contact the office and the HPD for more information.
Anyone had the same situation? Any advise on it?
well that makes me nervous as I already interviewed. hopefully I'm not waitlisted.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I hope so!! My file was sent over last Friday. I was told it could take a few weeks or less.
Hey currently trying to figure out about what log # they are at and you said they hadn't got to you yet, mind if I ask around where you are? I'm guessing 10xx-15xxs because heyjuuls was in 900s

Old 08-13-2019, 10:03 PM

24 posts, read 20,354 times
Quote:

Hi! I’m so sorry for the confusion. I was talking about a different housing lottery in Chelsea that I was rejected/waitlisted for recently because they no longer had apartments available in my income range. That comment was in response to someone else’s comment about receiving a similar letter for the 606w57 lottery.

I just want to clarify that I interviewed in early June for 606w57 lottery.
My log number was in the lower 900’s. Management approval took about 7 weeks and I was awaiting for HPD approval which I got last week. I have been assigned a unit and I will view it by the end of this week. Thereafter (if all goes well) I sign the lease.

I hope this helps.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-Questions View Post
did you already interview or did you put in an appeal? also if you don't mind my asking what AMI?
Yes. We interviewed back in June and have been getting emails from case manager asking for more paystubs up until today. I did have to do an appeal after the interview when she said we didn't qualify then we received the email the last week of July saying that they accepted our appeal and would be in touch. After that they disappeared then have sent 3 emails asking for more paystubs
We are in the 60%AMI

Old 08-14-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Hi! I’m so sorry for the confusion. I was talking about a different housing lottery in Chelsea that I was rejected/waitlisted for recently because they no longer had apartments available in my income range. That comment was in response to someone else’s comment about receiving a similar letter for the 606w57 lottery.

I just want to clarify that I interviewed in early June for 606w57 lottery.
My log number was in the lower 900’s. Management approval took about 7 weeks and I was awaiting for HPD approval which I got last week. I have been assigned a unit and I will view it by the end of this week. Thereafter (if all goes well) I sign the lease.

I hope this helps.
Thank you so much for clearing it up for me!!

Old 08-14-2019, 01:20 PM

20 posts, read 14,664 times
Quote:
Yes. We interviewed back in June and have been getting emails from case manager asking for more paystubs up until today. I did have to do an appeal after the interview when she said we didn't qualify then we received the email the last week of July saying that they accepted our appeal and would be in touch. After that they disappeared then have sent 3 emails asking for more paystubs
We are in the 60%AMI
Hi, what size bedroom are you applying for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery