Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 07:29 PM

4 posts, read 4,751 times

Advertisements

@importantuser

Thanks for responding back. I really hope it’s soon— it’s been alittle over 2 months - I really would like to know how the insides looking ,
Please when you go view the apartment

Keep us updated!

Congrats on getting it !

Question, we’re u CB preference ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 09:13 PM

87 posts, read 118,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraG28 View Post
@importantuser

Thanks for responding back. I really hope it’s soon— it’s been alittle over 2 months - I really would like to know how the insides looking ,
Please when you go view the apartment

Keep us updated!

Congrats on getting it !

Question, we’re u CB preference ?
No CB preference. You can always contact your case coordinator to get updated. email him, there's nothing wrong if you ask.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:25 PM

4 posts, read 4,751 times
@importantuser

So I got messaged today management is reviewing my file

I had to send in 2 documents and we should be good to go.

I’m dying to see the inside , I have no details on the laYout. Has anyone accepted yet? And care to share any info ?

Old 04-22-2019, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 848 times
Hello I have a question, How soon after you go to the certificate appointment will they call you to view your apartment?

Old 04-22-2019, 11:51 PM

87 posts, read 118,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie003 View Post
Hello I have a question, How soon after you go to the certificate appointment will they call you to view your apartment?
2 to 3 weeks

Old 04-23-2019, 01:02 PM

7 posts, read 6,313 times
I'm 13xx and just got called for a certification appt. next week. Can anyone tell us what the inside/layout is like??!?! Square footage, etc?? Dying to know.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouzana View Post
Hi BrooklynQueen
They contacted us by mail at the beginning of August
Informing us that our application has been selected and we had our interview on September .(every contact after that was by email)
2-The management name is :Settlement Housing Fund Inc
-the apartments are in 23 Indiana street building, the tower is an other project

We are still waiting for them to contact us to see if we are approved hopefully.
Please let me know if you hear any updates too.
Good luck
Thanks
Were you selected? Have you moved in? Can you share any updates? Anything about the building? Super curious! We have our final certification meeting next week.

Thanks!

Old 04-24-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by importantuser1 View Post
My file is sent to HPD. Waiting )) Anyone got approved and moved in yet? Not sure why there's almost no interest in these apartments. I see every single housing is so active and there's a lot of communication but this one. Can't find out why... :rolley es
Any updates? I just found this thread and it's great! I had no idea these existed. Have you gotten to see the building/apartment? Our certification meeting is next week. I'm DYING to know more. Can you tell me what happened at your cert meeting? Was it just signing more papers and giving them the credit check payment?

Old 05-06-2019, 03:37 PM

5 posts, read 4,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERP345 View Post
Any updates? I just found this thread and it's great! I had no idea these existed. Have you gotten to see the building/apartment? Our certification meeting is next week. I'm DYING to know more. Can you tell me what happened at your cert meeting? Was it just signing more papers and giving them the credit check payment?

Hey,

I just recently attended my certification appointment. I did have to sign more papers and they requested that I bring in the payment for the credit check, which they ran a about a week before my certification apt. I signed tax forms, a pre-lease and several other forms. Then they informed me that my application would now be submitted to HPD, she informed me that it would take approx. 2 weeks, "maybe sooner, maybe later".

That's what my worker told me. She also congratulated me which doesn't make this waiting game easier. Today marks two weeks from the appointment, but patiently waiting

Hope that helps answer your question.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:41 PM

5 posts, read 4,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by importantuser1 View Post
If you don't mind me asking. Why are you leaving your previous affordable housing at 1133? I just checked it, beautiful view, breathtaking rooftop, amazingly beautiful apartment interiors. Just curious. I haven't seen an apartment at 23 India yet, also viewing one by the end of the week. Which floor are you assigned ? Congrats!!!

Hey Hey !

Hoping that its okay to ask, did you ever get a chance to view an apartment?

I'm 2 weeks post certification appointment. Waiting on HPD approval. Patient but soo curious to know what the building is like and perhaps what the process is like once HPD approves you.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: