Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 02:45 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,486,627 times

Advertisements

So one of the lottery Marketing agents admitted to me they are not calling people in order of log# and are just calling people in randomly. This was communicated via email.

I have a low log number and people above me have already been called in.

I notified them that according to the handbook, they need to call people in order as is clearly spelled out on page 23 of the marketing handbook which states:

"The Marketing Agent must select all prospective residents
from the lottery log in numerical order"

They have stopped responding to me.

Should I notify HPD they are not following the handbook guidelines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 03:49 PM

4,783 posts, read 6,604,400 times
Wow, I'm surprised they admitted that in writing! Kind of a dumb thing to do. Anyway, yes, you should let HPD know. I think there is a hotline.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:04 PM

494 posts, read 559,289 times
Which agency is it? I would notify Hpd. That happened to me a few times I think and I feel that is why I didn’t even get a chance at an apartment. In a few lotteries I was not called but people here mentioned log #’s higher than mine and they were called.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:47 AM

Thanks guys I'll contact them Monday.

I rather not say which agency yet. I will once I have an update.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:55 PM

78 posts, read 72,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Thanks guys I'll contact them Monday.

I rather not say which agency yet. I will once I have an update.
Wow. Thats crazy! Good to know though.
I would definitely contact HPD.

Ive been trying so hard not to bother the leasing agent about the status of my application but I keep getting the run around and i already had my interview back in May!!

Old 07-12-2019, 02:05 PM

17 posts, read 13,241 times
Wow, really curious as to which agency this may be. I'm currently waiting on an update from 2 different agencies and I wonder if it's one of them. Hope you'll be able to share.

Old 07-12-2019, 04:49 PM

962 posts, read 943,218 times
It's a lottery, low log numbers mean nothing. Common sense

Old 07-12-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
It's a lottery, low log numbers mean nothing. Common sense
You need to read up on the rules in the handbook before making nonsense statements like this.

The Randomization of the applications to generate the Log number IS the LOTTERY.

Once you have your number, it must be processed in order.

Last edited by Werdywerd; 07-12-2019 at 06:28 PM..

Old 11-06-2019, 05:45 PM

515 posts, read 527,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
You need to read up on the rules in the handbook before making nonsense statements like this.

The Randomization of the applications to generate the Log number IS the LOTTERY.

Once you have your number, it must be processed in order.
Were you ever able to confirm that marketing agents are supposed to call in log number order number?

That’s what I’ve been told by HPD and past marketing agents as well as some people I know that work in housing.

Someone on another thread is convinced marketing agents are allowed to call log numbers at random after the numbers have been generated but I can’t find absolutely no where in the marketing handbook that states numbers are called at random.

It only states that log number are given at random and then processed in numerical order with the exception of preference groups of course.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
Were you ever able to confirm that marketing agents are supposed to call in log number order number?

That’s what I’ve been told by HPD and past marketing agents as well as some people I know that work in housing.

Someone on another thread is convinced marketing agents are allowed to call log numbers at random after the numbers have been generated but I can’t find absolutely no where in the marketing handbook that states numbers are called at random.

It only states that log number are given at random and then processed in numerical order with the exception of preference groups of course.
They are SUPPOSED to call in numerical order. They are not allow to stray from the marketing handbook.

Trying to prove it and get HPD to do anything about it? Seems impossible. I was working with someone from HPD and forwaded emails to them proving that the marketing agent wasn't following the rules. HPD said they would investigate and get back to me. That was back in July.

Never heard from HPD again.

I'm convinced everyone is in on the scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: