Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 1,964 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,

Still new to the housing connect process and I could not find a thread with a similar situation to mine. I had sent out a completed application form for one of the available locations. I was mailed my application back with a stamp on the first page:

New York NY 100
03 Sep '19
PM 6L

Can anyone please clarify what this means? Was my application sent back because I may have been rejected? Or filled something out incorrectly?

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance for any responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 11:28 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,060,517 times
I don’t know why they are being so cryptic.

Is the 10003 a zip code? If not 100 may be your log number (which is a very good number!)
Also look for any handwritten number.

When was the application due? If the date stamped indicates a later day than the deadline on the advertisement, then yes it’s a rejection,(although I don’t think so cause it’d say “rejected”). If none of the above applies, then you should contact them by referring to the project advertisement and ask for a log number. Alternatively, you may observe a thread on this board for the development and PM someone who was called. I’d go with the former, tho.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:48 PM

31,978 posts, read 27,126,778 times
Isn't a log number.

First line is trundcated zip code, and second is how some write dates (day, month, year) instead of month, day, year.

Last line is up for grabs. Obvious persons to ask would be those who mailed the thing.

Last edited by BugsyPal; 09-14-2019 at 05:26 PM..

Old 09-14-2019, 05:20 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,253,146 times
Was the letter actually opened and sent back or sent back with out ever being opened.
If it wasn't opened....
One time I sent a postcard, and it scanned my return address versus the address it was going to so it got sent back to me. Same for a check, one time got returned to sender. I asked the post office why and they said its possible when in the machine it read the return address versus mine.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:57 PM

494 posts, read 559,632 times
First it is crazy people still apply by mail. Second you could have just called HPD to get an answer Friday now you are going to be worrying about this all weekend. With simple questions like this why not just find answers the easy way, directly from the source.

Old 09-14-2019, 06:00 PM

31,978 posts, read 27,126,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrical View Post
First it is crazy people still apply by mail. Second you could have just called HPD to get an answer Friday now you are going to be worrying about this all weekend. With simple questions like this why not just find answers the easy way, directly from the source.
Welcome to my world.

Keep saying this but obviously for various reasons people seek out advice on anonymous internet boards on a wealth of subjects instead of simply contacting proper authorities.

Sadly this CD forum is busted far as housing lottery posts are concerned. Any query on Goggle or whatever using even remote keywords brings up page after page of CD NYC forum posts on "affordable" housing including NYCHA. As such people end up here thinking it is some sort of Tenant.net advice website.

Old 09-15-2019, 09:11 AM

4,787 posts, read 6,612,817 times
I was sent back my postcard for the 2014 Penn South lottery because I had the zip code wrong. I believe that the post office noted that somehow, so I knew what the problem was.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 09-15-2019 at 09:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery