Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2019, 11:05 AM

2 posts, read 1,852 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone new to the city data forums and thought I would ask you guys for some help. I have an interview for the Affordable housing program and I know they want my last 6 pay stubs but the problem I'm having is that I lost my job in August so all my pay stubs are from back then. I just recently started a new job but I have not been paid yet. I'm worried they will disqualify me because on the bank statements they're going to see I haven't been earning income for the past couple months. What do you guys think ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 11:15 AM

515 posts, read 525,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLifer9214 View Post
Hey everyone new to the city data forums and thought I would ask you guys for some help. I have an interview for the Affordable housing program and I know they want my last 6 pay stubs but the problem I'm having is that I lost my job in August so all my pay stubs are from back then. I just recently started a new job but I have not been paid yet. I'm worried they will disqualify me because on the bank statements they're going to see I haven't been earning income for the past couple months. What do you guys think ?
Bring the paystubs you have because they might want them anyways.

Get a notarized letter from your new employer on the company's letterhead that states your hire date and your salary or your hourly rate and how many hours they expect you to work per week. If you are moved along in the process eventually the marketing agent will request updated paid stub, which by then you should have some.

Also get a letter from your past employer stating you no longer work there and when your last day there was.

Part of the interview process is to send income verification letters to present and sometimes even past employers(if the past employer has been recent) to verify your income.

They can't deny you for being unemployed prior to your interview and they can't deny you even if you are unemployed and receiving unemployment.

Call/email the marketing agent that reached out for your interview there should be contact info or HPD and they will can tell exactly what you'll need to bring. Good luck!

Last edited by Mimilove; 11-07-2019 at 11:34 AM..

Old 11-07-2019, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,852 times
Alright thank you for helping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery