Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 09:00 AM

172 posts, read 151,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedwitchildren View Post
Theres a few in central Harlem. Which one are you referring to?
Hello,
this lottery came out 12/28/2018 to 3/5/2019.
This lottery has 68 available units spread out in 6 buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 09:30 AM

78 posts, read 73,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noircat91 View Post
Hello,
this lottery came out 12/28/2018 to 3/5/2019.
This lottery has 68 available units spread out in 6 buildings.
Strange.
That lottery doesn't appear on my housing connect list. But does sound familiar.

I guess i haven't applied to it?!

Old 07-18-2019, 10:00 AM

123 posts, read 141,804 times
My log number is 1** I’m pretty sure I’ll get called for this building I’m just waiting. I have no CB preference but I’ve been called for Harlem before with a low log number from housing connect.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:15 AM

53 posts, read 36,809 times
how do you know what are you eligible for?

Old 07-18-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieguaba View Post
how do you know what are you eligible for?
You have to be in between the minimum and maximum income requirements for the development you are applying to. Nothing below or over, or you will get rejected.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha3131 View Post
My log number is 1** I’m pretty sure I’ll get called for this building I’m just waiting. I have no CB preference but I’ve been called for Harlem before with a low log number from housing connect.
Thats a low log number. I hope they call you in soon for an interview.

I just cant believe how long it really takes to complete the process from start to finish.

They have to come up with a better system. My patience is running low, and im tired of checking me emails everyday in hopes my agent reached out to me. lol

Old 07-18-2019, 01:36 PM

123 posts, read 141,804 times
Quote:
Thats a low log number. I hope they call you in soon for an interview.

I just cant believe how long it really takes to complete the process from start to finish.

They have to come up with a better system. My patience is running low, and im tired of checking me emails everyday in hopes my agent reached out to me. lol
Appreciate that I hope so too it’s just me and this would be my first apartment ever I really need this. I learned to be patient with housing connect and these developments because they all move slow of course lol. I would say around November or December this development for this building will start calling people for interviews.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Strange.
That lottery doesn't appear on my housing connect list. But does sound familiar.

I guess i haven't applied to it?!
oh no!
that's weird how it doesn't appear on your housing list.
mines show every one i've applied to since 2017

Old 07-18-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
You have to be in between the minimum and maximum income requirements for the development you are applying to. Nothing below or over, or you will get rejected.

if you apply for the development you'll get a rejection notice in the mail. I don't even think you'll be selected. They take out the rejected ones and keep the ones that are within the income bracket before they do the actually lottery pick. So it's always good to update your online application.
But people's income can fluctuate. For instance, with me my income was over 43,860 but they increased the income limit to 44,820 and that is the 60 AMI for both studio and 1 bdr. So my average income from tax returns, checking/savings, W2, current pay stubs qualify me for either a studio or 1bdr. I told my agent i would prefer a 1bdr apartment.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:12 PM

3 posts, read 3,132 times
Hey,

Anyone contacted yet for this lottery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery