Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2019, 08:15 AM

128 posts, read 227,693 times

Advertisements

Congrats! Yes you start paying immediately even if you don't move in yet.
Maintenance hooks up the stove.
I got full size appliances but they are counter depth, I got them from PC Richards.
I installed my own kitchen floor using self stick vinyl tiles. The closets all needed flooring as well, I used the same tile in the linen closet and carpet in the others.
BTW, the maintenance crew will do odd jobs for you on their own time at very reasonable rates. I had them mount my TV, install window treatments and plaster the walls where I had electric work done.
We moved ourselves in.
Welcome to Penn South, you're gonna love it here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 08:35 AM

25,401 posts, read 37,156,668 times
C] Broke lease with landlord's permission (got security back)

Old 07-26-2019, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 727 times
Default Older family member taking over apt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
Thanks for the correction. Do you know if they have to be a shareholder, or just appear on the prior two affidavits (and meet the income requirement)?
I am also curious if anyone has new insights or heard of examples of this- If I have a parent/family member living with me for 2 years (reporting income) but who isn't an original shareholder.. does anyone know if I can transfer over the apt if I decide to move out or if there is some purchase option for that family member? Would love this to be a long term option for my parent as they head towards retirement

Old 07-26-2019, 09:42 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,693,161 times
Yes, you can. But it has to be a certain type of family member as defined in the Mitchell Lama Rules. Google "Mitchell Lama Rules" and you'll find all the info you need in there.

Make sure they're on the income affidavits. VERY IMPORTANT.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:18 AM

37 posts, read 58,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hi All,

I looked at 4 more studios about 2 weeks ago. I do not expect to get one this time around, but I am getting closer, so I have a few more questions.

Meow mentioned a 3 month time limit to move in. I'm assuming that you are paying maintenance/mortgage during that time whether you move in or not.

Who installs the stove? PS super?
Who installs the floor if needed? ( I'm guessing that the buyer pays for it)
Where did you get your appliances? What size are they?
What moving company did you use if you used one and do you recommend them?

Thanks!

hkcg
HI hkcg,

I read that your questions were being answered already but I just want to add that on closing day, you will need to sign/authorize an auto-deposit form for the monthly common charges. I can't remember if they had told me or not, but I thought it was going to be effective, if not immediately, in a week or two. I was so wrong. It takes three months!!! So I didn't send in a check for June because I thought it was going to be direct deposited (I also didn't get the invoice from management, so naturally I thought it was processed) When it came July, I was hit with late fees! So I called the management office, they told me I was told during closing that it would take three months for the auto-deposit to take effect and that I wouldn't get the invoice from management for the first month. Honestly, I don't remember them telling me that but I have no proof and honestly no point to argue. So I sucked it up and paid the late fee. So, just keep in mind you will still have to mail in the check for the first two months.

I called maintenance to install my gas stove; it was pretty easy. Free of charge.

I got my appliances from PC Richard & Sons but NOT from the store. I got it online. Try to go to their website and start a chat session with the online sales. I ended up getting a big discount with free shipping and free upgrade for both of my appliances to 2yr warranty. Awesome customer service! Make sure you tell them to email a copy of the coi both to management and to yourself. The security won't let the delivery guy in the building without the coi. My fridge is a 24" LG 11.1 Cu. Ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator and my stove is the 30" GE 5-Burner Freestanding Gas Range with Convection Oven Griddle. I also stick a free standing 15" IKEA base cabinet between them and it fits like a glove. Perfect for studio kitchen!

Hope this helps and good luck

Meow

Old 07-26-2019, 12:19 PM

172 posts, read 151,490 times
is there anyone here that is apart of the general population?

Just so that we have a timeline

Log # LOW 3XX
My interview was May 15th
I've signed TIC docs on June 18th

Old 07-26-2019, 12:22 PM

172 posts, read 151,490 times
If anyone's agent is Vina (like mines) what did she say about your application being sent to HPD?

Old 07-26-2019, 01:58 PM

20 posts, read 21,054 times
I called Hpd this morning, the lady told me that they didn’t received any files yet.
I mentioned about the 4 disability files, she said no any files here...

Old 07-26-2019, 02:39 PM

53 posts, read 36,795 times
Just when i thought things were moving on....

Old 07-26-2019, 03:24 PM

28 posts, read 21,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noircat91 View Post
is there anyone here that is apart of the general population?

Just so that we have a timeline

Log # LOW 3XX
My interview was May 15th
I've signed TIC docs on June 18th
Log # LOW Double digit

Interview :May 16

TIC documents
signed on :June 7th

I was really hoping for August move in date, seems like it will probably be Sept. Despite the wait, I'm grateful to have randomly found this page. Everyone sharing updates is very encouraging because this process can be draining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery