Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 11:25 AM

28 posts, read 30,681 times

Advertisements

Do yo think if I called the management office , will they be able to give me a hint how long is the wait , and also another question , Can I be on two Mitchell lama waiting lists ( cadman and penn south ) ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 11:32 AM

4,807 posts, read 6,663,585 times
Yes, you can be on multiple lists. In fact, the more, the better!

Old 09-24-2019, 11:41 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,050,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayzo View Post
Do yo think if I called the management office , will they be able to give me a hint how long is the wait , and also another question , Can I be on two Mitchell lama waiting lists ( cadman and penn south ) ?
You certainly can, I am currently on three (although if I do score Cadman Towers and/or Penn South I am going to withdraw from one list I am on). Hopefully somebody will call me before I hit retirement...

Old 09-24-2019, 11:49 AM

174 posts, read 312,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
Me too I only want a one bedroom but I believe they have those available if so I don’t think they would had reached out cause they would of sent a email stating there isn't any rooms for your salary *I got one of those before* .. what AMI range are you in ? And are you in the CB ?
I have mobility disability preference and my log number is 7*** and I am in the 80% AMI.

Edit - I will say that the email that they sent me did only include the picture of the 80% and did highlight the 1 bedroom, but who knows what that means... but the interior sounds terrible. Im in a building currently that i got through HPD but due to an error they gave a 1 bedroom to someone who was past my log number so I had to take a studio (its super small) but very nice so we'll see.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:23 PM

123 posts, read 97,605 times
Quote:
Penn South isn't Mitchell Lama, not that it matters as you can be on more than one list anyway.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Hey guys , I just received my letter yesterday and my log# is 469, I never get picked for those Mitchell lama waiting list, and I dont know if that a good log # or what , and how long it takes them to really offer an apt. for me, payment options, mortgage options.

I also applied to Penn south , and I am praying to God to get picked.

Thank you for any shared info. Good luck to everyone !!
Mayzo, can you please tell me how long you were given to reply? A friend is out of town, and she's worried she'll miss the deadline, assuming she's lucky enough to be picked! Thanks!

Old 09-24-2019, 01:40 PM

4 posts, read 5,317 times
You have until October 21st (post date that day) to submit your deposit and application.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieM View Post
You have until October 21st (post date that day) to submit your deposit and application.
Thanks so much, Lizzie! I'll tell my friend not to worry.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:56 PM

28 posts, read 30,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Mayzo, can you please tell me how long you were given to reply? A friend is out of town, and she's worried she'll miss the deadline, assuming she's lucky enough to be picked! Thanks!
They gave me till Oct. 21st to send the application and the $ 75 application fee.

Thanks everyone for replying..

Old 09-24-2019, 02:56 PM

52 posts, read 51,903 times
Hey!! I signed my lease today and the place is STUNNING! I took pics from different angles and I’d love to share them and answer any questions you all may have. Send in your emails or phone numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery