Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 12,935 times

Advertisements

Where can I get a postcard to mail in? Does it need to be a special type of postcard? It wasn't clarified in the application.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 08:37 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaddy View Post
Where can I get a postcard to mail in? Does it need to be a special type of postcard? It wasn't clarified in the application.
Standard white (or even color) card will do. You can go to the post office and buy one already stamped for no extra charge over the postage. You should do it tomorrow, deadline for receipt is this Friday, so time is running out.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 12,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Standard white (or even color) card will do. You can go to the post office and buy one already stamped for no extra charge over the postage. You should do it tomorrow, deadline for receipt is this Friday, so time is running out.
Thanks!

Old 08-06-2014, 03:15 PM

109 posts, read 195,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
So you must come up with 50% on moving in, are you able to borrow it from a rich friend?
Well, if your rich friend is Uncle Sam then yeah! HPD - Homebuyers - HomeFirst Down Payment Assistance Program

...but only if you're a first time home buyer

Old 08-06-2014, 07:59 PM

3 posts, read 15,753 times
I'd like to send one too.
Could anyone tell me where I can get the postcard?

Old 08-06-2014, 09:01 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexAveExp5 View Post
Well, if your rich friend is Uncle Sam then yeah! HPD - Homebuyers - HomeFirst Down Payment Assistance Program

...but only if you're a first time home buyer
Unfortunately it's only for those considered low-income, so only those at the lowest end of the income spread are eligible, and leaves out the moderate and middle-income people that I think make up the majority of those getting in these days.

Pdesu - Any old blank card will do (or buy it at the post office), but you are almost too late, you would need to put it in at the main post office on Eighth Ave. by 5pm tomorrow (Thursday) to be (pretty much) assured of getting it in on time.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:15 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdesu View Post
I'd like to send one too.
Could anyone tell me where I can get the postcard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Pdesu - Any old blank card will do (or buy it at the post office), but you are almost too late, you would need to put it in at the main post office on Eighth Ave. by 5pm tomorrow (Thursday) to be (pretty much) assured of getting it in on time.
You can even get a nyc postcard. Or use an index card. I've know people to use modeling cards.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:27 AM

12 posts, read 71,328 times
i ripped a christmas greeting card in half and used the blank side as a post card. do you think that's ok, and if so, since the card is so light, should i send another post card in case it gets lost?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:23 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid14 View Post
i ripped a christmas greeting card in half and used the blank side as a post card. do you think that's ok, and if so, since the card is so light, should i send another post card in case it gets lost?

If you send two, they'll disqualify you immediately.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:52 PM

12 posts, read 71,328 times
do you think the thin flimsy side of the greeting card will be missed by postal workers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery