Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2019, 10:13 AM

58 posts, read 109,674 times

Advertisements

For you guys who moved in.. When i viewed the apartment i noticed there was no shower head in the bathroom lol... do we have to get our own or will they install it before i move in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 12:01 PM

115 posts, read 138,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jani9001 View Post
For you guys who moved in.. When i viewed the apartment i noticed there was no shower head in the bathroom lol... do we have to get our own or will they install it before i move in?

Can you share photos of your apartment if you took any while it was empty?

Old 05-13-2019, 12:04 PM

11 posts, read 14,831 times
Default Does anyone know what documents they request for self employment?

Hello All,
Congratulations to those who succeed already and good luck for ones who are still in process. I received a rejection letter without an interview, stating that my income doesn’t qualify. I applied and as they directed submitted the CPA letter explaining my self employment income. They/HPD approved my appeal and considered my income eligible. I never was called for the interview yet, but the letter I received said I ll be called for interview shortly. It’s been about four weeks. I called BG and they said they did not start interviewing GP.
Does anyone had a similar experience? Do you think I still have to proof my income or It’s proved already as I submitted CPA letter about my 2018 income and projection of 2019?
Any thoughts what my interview look like or the documents they will request??
Thank you for your advice 😊

Old 05-13-2019, 12:47 PM

Didnt get a good shot of the kitchen unfortunately
Attached Thumbnails
Housing lottery discussions (#1)-img_2912.jpeg   Housing lottery discussions (#1)-unadjustednonraw_thumb_15b2.jpg   Housing lottery discussions (#1)-img_2913.jpeg   Housing lottery discussions (#1)-unadjustednonraw_thumb_15a9.jpg  

Old 05-13-2019, 02:26 PM

69 posts, read 101,034 times
Default Thank you @jani9001

Thank you Jani9001 for unveiling the mystery. Lol. I appreciate the photos. Would you happen to have heard any word on municipal preference? I am still waiting. Thanks again for the photos! Congrats to you. Slowly but surely people's files are getting processed

Old 05-13-2019, 03:40 PM

I think they are still working on cb! They won’t move on to municipal until all the cb has been cleared but I think it’s almost there

Old 05-14-2019, 08:35 AM

14 posts, read 17,297 times
Thanks for the pics @jani9001! I’m new here what type of unit is this a 1 bedroom/studio etc? I ask because I have a log #8** with municipal preference. Really hoping for an interview.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:43 AM

3 posts, read 4,218 times
Thanks for all the helpful info everyone! Does anyone have the sq footage or any photos of the lottery 2BRs? Curious to know how large they are. Also if they have an island layout for the kitchen or something different. Thanks!!

Old 05-14-2019, 12:01 PM

5 posts, read 8,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jani9001 View Post
They will install before you move in. It’s still little things they might have to do to your apartment. Like when I viewed mine the shower head was missing they didn’t install both solar blinds, and one of the closet doors was not attached yet.

Old 05-14-2019, 03:32 PM

22 posts, read 35,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeow18 View Post
Thanks NYCWork and congrats on the letter. I was the 8th last time and I got the apartment, so you never know.

You can move in as soon as you closed but you need to move in within 3 months after closing. It's not a choice but their rule. They will take the apartment back if you don't move in within 3 months. We went to check the apartment after closing but I think you can request to check it before signing any papers. Just ask Carmen at the first meeting, she has been really helpful.

Regarding Kitchen floor - I guess we are lucky, the tiles are already in. We don't have to do any work, even toilet seat is new. We only need to purchase the stove and the fridge.

Good luck!
Congratulations!! Can you share some pictures? We are curious what is the condition of the apartments. Thank you! Now all you need to do is packing! How was the mortgage process?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery