Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2019, 03:06 PM

14 posts, read 19,991 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever see this site: 540 West 53rd Street - Edelman Sultan Knox Wood Architects

If you click the 7th image there appears to be some floor plans for the building. I don’t know how accurate they are though. Can anyone verify their accuracy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 03:58 AM

12 posts, read 25,549 times
Hi. I am in the 2,000’s. Was wondering what the deal is? Went to my interview in Mid May and not Hmong is happening. Contacted them a couple of times and was told my application is under final review. Anyone knows when the building opens up? Can I check the status somewhere? Also, my credit history was checked 3 weeks ago yet, not a word from them. Thanks

Old 07-01-2019, 05:55 AM

172 posts, read 152,617 times
Anyone care to share any updates?

Old 07-01-2019, 06:33 AM

14 posts, read 17,375 times
Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrManhattan1900 View Post
Hey ya’ll.

Log 3xx here. I was asked by my agent for up to date paperwork. Interview was 2 weeks ago.

This past Friday my agent let it be known that she will be turning in my paper work to BG compliance and if everything is crystal it’ll go to HPD compliance.

Happy to answer any questions anyone may have, but please if you any have any insight answer the following....

If our application is on its way to management (Breaking Ground) compliance does that mean an apartment is already assigned to you? I’m aware that before it goes to HPD some paperwork is required to be signed which details your potential unit on top of the sheet, but right now I’m just trying to figure out where I stand. I’m in limbo trying to confirm if there’s an apartment with our name on it given compliance goes according to plan.

60% income. Going for a 2 BR.
Thank you for the information! You said you had a log number of 3xx. Did you have CB or municipal preferences?

Trying to figure out how they are calling out.

I have 8xx and haven’t received an email or a call. How did they reach out to you. I get a lot of calls on the cell that allow it to go to voicemail but don’t want to miss a chance either.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:56 AM

14 posts, read 19,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birasko View Post
Hi. I am in the 2,000’s. Was wondering what the deal is? Went to my interview in Mid May and not Hmong is happening. Contacted them a couple of times and was told my application is under final review. Anyone knows when the building opens up? Can I check the status somewhere? Also, my credit history was checked 3 weeks ago yet, not a word from them. Thanks
Just curious but did you have any kind of preference? I’m new to the housing lottery process so I’m try get a gauge on which types of preferences, if any, are most likely called for interviews.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:55 AM

59 posts, read 57,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noircat91 View Post
Anyone care to share any updates?
I followed up with my case manager about a week and a half ago, she mentioned the handicaps units are being submitted first. It's part of the process she mentioned.

I am also keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 07-01-2019, 12:08 PM

143 posts, read 122,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRETTYK View Post
YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! @HELLO40KITTY CONGRATS to you sweetie! You deserve it! I am so HAPPY for you! There is hope! I am still waiting. I was asked for updated documents,2018 tax returns etc. I gave EVERYTHING THAT WAS REQUESTED. She tried to purposely argue with me and over talk me about nonsense. I don't want to get too detailed here, but she was purposely trying to get me to withdraw my application. I remained polite and professional. I stayed strong, because I qualify for an apartment. She claimed that I was missing documents that I personally dropped off and triple checked myself and demanded that I get it to her immediately or else....No worries, I made copies, so I faxed the documents asap that she claimed that I didn't have. Today she asked for detailed explanations of deposits in my bank accounts. I will give it to her tomorrow. There is really nothing else that I can do. I have no idea why she is doing this, but I have done my part to submit my documents and submit them BEFORE every deadline. So we'll see

But yes, CONGRATS to you!!!! I will share any developments as soon as I know!

Thanks for the wonderful update! CONGRATS!!!
Always important to remain strong and professional. Sometimes they are nice sometimes they are not but whatever they are you be the better, no need to argue just resupply the requested documents and keep it moving. I think it is also a good Idea to email them as well so you have a copy of what you sent in with an automatic time and date stamp it is CYA all the way. Good luck with everything stay chill and stay positive and most of all stay professionsal

Old 07-01-2019, 12:39 PM

172 posts, read 152,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadorebellaa View Post
I followed up with my case manager about a week and a half ago, she mentioned the handicaps units are being submitted first. It's part of the process she mentioned.

I am also keeping my fingers crossed.
Aww damn I understand I wonder when the general population will be sent

How low is your log #?

Old 07-01-2019, 01:20 PM

59 posts, read 57,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noircat91 View Post
Aww damn I understand I wonder when the general population will be sent

How low is your log #?
I have no idea, she mentioned it was nothing to worry about. I will be giving it 3 weeks if I don't hear back I will send a follow up email.

My log # is in the 600's.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:43 PM

11 posts, read 14,882 times
Hello,
Congratulations on your success! Do you have any preference category? I am waiting to be called for an interview since March, Log #4xx, so I am trying to figure out how soon I ll be callEd. I have yes preference category.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery