Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2020, 12:02 PM

37 posts, read 57,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Meowmeow, how do you like it?
Hi Shadypinesma,
I love it; it's great!
I moved into a studio with balcony with an eat-in kitchen.
Can't beat the view of the Empire State Building

MM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
Meow - they're not 'gone', just merged into a mega-thread. If there is a particular post or topic you're looking for it should turn up in a search.
Hi Incog,

Good to see you here I have no luck searching.
Do you know anything about the eligibility of Star Program as a PS cooperator?

MM

Old 01-24-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Wow, that second one is great! Of course, you have to hope you end up with the larger kitchen.

Cam anyone please post a photo of the current bathroom? The white tile with navy sounds great.
Hi marcnyc,

See attached. I took this picture after closing.
They did basic renovation like painting and tile regrout.
The toilet seat and cover as well as the light fixtures are new.
It was in good condition. Not great but nice and clean.
I didn't need to spend a dime.

Hope this helps

MM
Attached Thumbnails
Penn South 2019-br.jpg  

Old 01-24-2020, 01:15 PM

132 posts, read 219,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeow18 View Post
Hi Incog,

Good to see you here I have no luck searching.
Do you know anything about the eligibility of Star Program as a PS cooperator?

MM

Hi, likewise! Here is some info from an internal newsletter/email from 2017. Hope this helps. Can't believe you got a balcony from the external list, congrats on that.

Incog
School Tax Relief (STAR) is a benefit program for New York State homeowners earning $500,000 or less per year. Recently, procedures for enrolling in the STAR program changed.

If you are under 65 years old and currently receive Basic STAR, you don't need to do anything; you will continue to receive the funds annually as a credit on your carrying charge bill. If you are receiving Basic STAR but you turned 65 and earn $86,000 or less, you may now be eligible for Enhanced STAR (which is a larger benefit) and must to file a paper application, which is available at the Management Office

For those who are not yet enrolled any version of the STAR program, or who moved to a new apartment after March 15, 2015, the program no longer accepts paper forms. You must register by calling 518-457-2036 or by going online: https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/property/star/register-for-star-credit.htm

Old 01-24-2020, 01:18 PM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Thanks for posting the photo, MM! Very nice! Classic gray and white, my favorite!

I guess it would fairly easy to sub in a sink and a small vanity, if you wanted more storage. White is easy to match.

And how lucky you are to get a bathroom with a window!

Last edited by macnyc2003; 01-24-2020 at 01:28 PM..

Old 01-24-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
Hi, likewise! Here is some info from an internal newsletter/email from 2017. Hope this helps. Can't believe you got a balcony from the external list, congrats on that.

Incog
School Tax Relief (STAR) is a benefit program for New York State homeowners earning $500,000 or less per year. Recently, procedures for enrolling in the STAR program changed.

If you are under 65 years old and currently receive Basic STAR, you don't need to do anything; you will continue to receive the funds annually as a credit on your carrying charge bill. If you are receiving Basic STAR but you turned 65 and earn $86,000 or less, you may now be eligible for Enhanced STAR (which is a larger benefit) and must to file a paper application, which is available at the Management Office

For those who are not yet enrolled any version of the STAR program, or who moved to a new apartment after March 15, 2015, the program no longer accepts paper forms. You must register by calling 518-457-2036 or by going online: https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/property/star/register-for-star-credit.htm

Thanks Incog,

I have a general idea of what the Star program is; what I am not sure is if PS cooperators are considered owners of the apartment...

Yep, balcony is great! It makes the studio feels a lot bigger

MM

Old 01-24-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks for posting the photo, MM! Very nice! Classic gray and white, my favorite!

I guess it would fairly easy to sub in a sink and a small vanity, if you wanted more storage. White is easy to match.

And how lucky you are to get a bathroom with a window!

You are welcome
And no need to worry about storage space, there are tons of closet space. I have three deep closets and one nook next to the bathroom. And lots of windows for a studio.

Good luck!

MM

Old 01-25-2020, 04:34 PM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
I am wondering, as wonderful as having a balcony must be how do people at Penn South use them? Do you sit out there? Is it noisy? Store your bike out there or grow plants? I don’t mean the huge terraces that a few apartments have, but a regular balcony. I have never had one, so I’m just curious!

Old 01-27-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I am wondering, as wonderful as having a balcony must be how do people at Penn South use them? Do you sit out there? Is it noisy? Store your bike out there or grow plants? I don’t mean the huge terraces that a few apartments have, but a regular balcony. I have never had one, so I’m just curious!
Hi Macnyc,

I use it to grow plants and store tools. You can put a shed outside. I would sit outside during summer when it's not windy. But the plus side for me (and it's a huge plus) is that it opens up the space for me making the tiny studio a lot more airy. I attached two pics I took before I moved in for your reference.

On the flip side, it does get noisy when you open the door or windows for that matter but your floor dry a lot faster after mopping, lol.

Oh! And the rainbow looks awesome from the balcony. I just saw one this passed weekend and it was a complete rainbow that went full circle! Gotta love balcony

MM
Attached Thumbnails
Penn South 2019-day.jpg   Penn South 2019-night.jpg  

Old 01-27-2020, 03:06 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,299 times
Honestly, I should have been paying attention. I logged in today and realized that the phone number on my application is my old one, which I dumped in May last year. Oh well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery