Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 09:44 AM

8 posts, read 13,966 times

Advertisements

Nope I'm still waiting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 08:26 AM

I'm still waiting on a reply from them smh.I spoke to the housing manager of the developments.He Confirmed that my name was on the list , but that every is Basically picked by the computer so he has no actual wait time to tell me

Old 08-12-2020, 11:34 PM

4 posts, read 3,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyisis View Post
I'm still waiting on a reply from them smh.I spoke to the housing manager of the developments.He Confirmed that my name was on the list , but that every is Basically picked by the computer so he has no actual wait time to tell me

your priority code is picked by the computer, any one with a N0, or W0 priority code is selected first, then N1, W1 ect

Old 08-22-2020, 05:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,260 times
Ugh I know I’m late but I recently received a outreach letter a little earlier in this month and I returned it back immediately, I still haven’t heard anything from them about it so I reached out to Nycha and asked if they have received the letter from me signed and dated I then said thank you and I said I was just calling asking because I haven’t heard anything from you guys and she told me that I wouldn’t hear anything back from them that I am now waiting to hear back from the developments that were listed on the letter and so far after that nothing else had changed so I called one of the developments asking if I was on the waiting list and she told me “very nasty” that I am not allowed that information so I said ok well what do I do now ? She said I just have to wait .. ugh

Old 09-05-2020, 05:08 PM

33 posts, read 32,691 times
Quote:
Hey guys I’m writing this post because I felt like a lot of these forms I read was informative but kinda outdated and I wanted to share my experience with the Nycha outreach program
They sent the letter March 20
Didn’t receive it till April 11
Received outreach letter sent it back 2 days later . That same night I received it on April 11 .
I also went straight to the Nycha portal webpage , and Replied to the link they sent on the portal .
Like about 4 days later I went on the portal to see that the had set me a interview appointment for April 29
On April 20
I received the Nycha document packet with all the release forms and a letter saying that due to the covid 19 outbreak I was going to have a phone interview .the letter also had a list of all the Documents that I would need for the interview which was the papers in the packet, Also what I would need to submit after the interview, Ids ,ss , birth certificate, paystubs etc .
April 27
I received a call from a Nycha worker . She asked me if we could Reschedule the appointment to the following Friday which was may 1
I agreed to do it on may 1
I had my interview over the phone everything went good she asked me to email her all the documents I have a printer/ scanner so that wasn’t a problem
Later on that night I went to the portal and seen my status had changed to the eligibility phase.
That Following Monday Which was May 4
I went to the portal online, I noticed that my status had changed it said certification.
On Thursday, May 7
I went to the portal and to my surprise My status had changed again and it said I was certified.After reading all these post I was astonished. When I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page in the section that says case information it stated that my information was sent to the development and I was basically waiting for a call from them so that’s where I’m at . Hopefully I get a call soon for an apartment. I wanted to share My experience with you guys because like many other people I read every form on here and there was a lot of stories on here that kind of Made me feel discouraged with my situation but there is hope . my process was super fast to get certified literally 6 days. hopefully I get my apartment just as fast but I guess with these things every case is different I will definitely keep you guys posted.

Hi Thanks for sharing I am currently certified and waiting on a chosen development to conntact me. Do you have any updates?

Old 09-08-2020, 05:02 PM

Update
On August 25 I got selected for an apartment . So it took me 3 months and a few weeks . I went to see the apartment was kinda small but I still accepted it. I paid one months rent and a security deposit. I was not giving my keys that day.i was told the apartment needed more repairs and it should be ready in 4 weeks .so I'm still waiting yet again

Old 09-11-2020, 10:45 AM

5 posts, read 9,358 times
Hello,

Just out of curiosity , in what development you got the apartment?

Old 09-23-2020, 03:12 PM

Update:still waiting to hear something

Old 09-24-2020, 12:50 PM

33 posts, read 32,691 times
Quote:
Update:still waiting to hear something
Me too. I called i guess since I just selected the development on September 1st, I was a joke to even be calling, but listen I have been going through looking for an apt for two years I don’t see myself waiting though they said it’s 29 people on the waiting list and it’s random and everyday the persons waitlists number changes today you’re number 1 tomorrow number 20 which doesn’t seem fair or make sense. There is also no vacancies. This is Staten Island, I heard things move quick but it’s also nycha and ppl never move out so who knows. I’m a W1, so if all else fails I’ll have to pull my boot straps up and pay some expensive ass rent somewhere not that this was cheap they told me mine would be 1573!!!!

Old 12-04-2020, 01:10 PM

58 posts, read 126,589 times
Default Nycha

Can someone give me a little information on how long does it takes you to become certified
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery