Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 03:40 PM

5 posts, read 5,970 times

Advertisements

How is everybody doing?

Trying to make a long story short, I've been applying since 2017 and never really got any emails or anything (only one time back in 2018 i think when I got an email saying they reached my log number but there was no units available on my bracket). Fast forward to now, since 3 weeks ago we've been getting a lot of the "further processing" emails. We submit the documents online for only the first one (the only one that would work for us) and ignored the other ones. We are on the 130% and the buildings are all really small (around bedstuy), our log numbers are between 2700 to 5628.
Just trying to make some sense of it, how come we went years without getting anything and now we are getting picked for further processing once a week for different ones?
Also, on the application we submit the documents there's only one apartment we qualify, should I not get my hopes up? My log number is 5628

THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 04:00 PM

3,156 posts, read 2,758,884 times
Might just be luck, might be a lot of people ahead of you not looking to move right in the middle of the pandemic.

Do file the papers, don't get your hopes up.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:00 PM

86 posts, read 76,205 times
i think in recent years there has been more apartments allocated for your AMI bracket.

Old 05-17-2020, 03:45 PM

6 posts, read 14,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVIRROH View Post
How is everybody doing?

Trying to make a long story short, I've been applying since 2017 and never really got any emails or anything (only one time back in 2018 i think when I got an email saying they reached my log number but there was no units available on my bracket). Fast forward to now, since 3 weeks ago we've been getting a lot of the "further processing" emails. We submit the documents online for only the first one (the only one that would work for us) and ignored the other ones. We are on the 130% and the buildings are all really small (around bedstuy), our log numbers are between 2700 to 5628.
Just trying to make some sense of it, how come we went years without getting anything and now we are getting picked for further processing once a week for different ones?
Also, on the application we submit the documents there's only one apartment we qualify, should I not get my hopes up? My log number is 5628

THANKS
Same here. Never received anything and I’ve been applying for yearsssss. Lol. Then literally a couple weeks ago received emails back to back for 3 buildings. I submitted for one, in Bed Stuy as well. We’ll see. Good luck!

Old 05-18-2020, 09:03 AM

Default F

Oh wow! That’s actually very interesting, really wish to know what’s up about that. We applied for the 701 Quincy Street, is that the same one you applied?? Good luck to you too!

Old 05-18-2020, 10:35 AM

13 posts, read 9,326 times
Hey there. I just got a "further processing" email for a unit in Brooklyn (log #4xx) but they also sent a virtual tour for the exact unit. Does this mean I'm getting the apartment?

Old 05-18-2020, 12:06 PM

6,696 posts, read 6,060,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp575 View Post
Hey there. I just got a "further processing" email for a unit in Brooklyn (log #4xx) but they also sent a virtual tour for the exact unit. Does this mean I'm getting the apartment?
No, but you have a very good chance if you quickly submit your paperwork.

Old 05-18-2020, 01:04 PM

13 posts, read 9,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
No, but you have a very good chance if you quickly submit your paperwork.
I just submitted everything they asked, so fingers crossed

Old 06-04-2020, 12:09 PM

6 posts, read 14,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVIRROH View Post
Oh wow! That’s actually very interesting, really wish to know what’s up about that. We applied for the 701 Quincy Street, is that the same one you applied?? Good luck to you too!
We applied to 102 Quincy Street. Have you heard back from your building yet? Last update I received is they're processing lower log numbers.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:24 PM

We actually got no answer when we asked for updates
What’s your log number? We are about to renew our lease here because I think there’s no hope. Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: