Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 10:41 AM

21 posts, read 13,747 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 08:14 AM

They rejected me again. They continue to use the extra $600 in calculating my total projected income. I’m trying to get a letter from my employer with a return to work date.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:33 AM

25 posts, read 28,202 times
I'm sorry to hear this! I have not been able to find anything on HDC or HUD'S end in terms of how they calculate the additional UI payments since the the updated Marketing Handbook was published in January 2020 (pre-pandemic), hopefully there will be a revision addressing the pandemic.

I also want to share this with you as a reference the additional payments are to end on 7/31/2020 according to DOL: https://www.dol.gov/newsroom/releases/eta/eta20200404

Old 05-24-2020, 09:21 AM

I was able to get a letter from my employer stating a return to work date. I'll be sending that along with my complaint. I have also addressed the need to amend the handbook or at least make an exception since there is no written rule in cases such as this. Thanks for that link, I thought those additional payment were going to last much longer! Good to know.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:55 AM

25 posts, read 28,202 times
Hi all here is an update in regards to stimulus/enhanced UI payments you can reference directly from HUD when appealing.

Link: https://www.hud.gov/sites/dfiles/Hou...a_QA_FINAL.pdf

On page 10
Q5: Are household payments under the CARES Act reportable as tenant income?
A: The Economic Impact Payment (which is technically an advance payment of a tax credit that may be claimed on a 2020 tax return) and the temporary weekly federal enhancement to unemployment insurance provided by the CARES Act are not to be included in calculations of income. However, HUD notes that regular payments of unemployment insurance (issued by the state) are treated as income, as is customary under program rules.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:16 AM

Hey, thanks for this info! I actually heard back from HPD and they confirmed this and told me to send the documentation to the managing agent. The management company however, is unwilling to cooperate and is giving me the runaround. They said they need to hear it from HPD directly and that I need to follow procedure which I have. I don’t think HPD will contact them if they told me to contact the agency directly so who knows what will happen. I just feel better knowing they weren’t supposed to include that extra money and they did. I’m wondering how many other applicants they’ve done this to.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:20 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,788,627 times
Hey, Teeveecee, in cases like this where you're definitely in the right, it's worth reaching out to your city councilmember. Some of them will put pressure on as long as it's a clear-cut case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery