Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 09:58 AM

319 posts, read 401,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee26 View Post
I’ve been applying on housing Connect for years. Only been emailed twice for two listings and once they got to my log number I didn’t qualify for the existing apartments. Congratulations but I’m trying to figure how how they got back to you so quick?!
Their lower income lotteries are obviously more popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,226 times
OMG! Congrats!

Old 06-26-2020, 03:38 PM

199 posts, read 222,347 times
Congrats and happy moving,

I logged in and I got a very low number (2 digits) for The Robeson in Harlem.I have no CB preferences. Last year I got an apartment in Brooklyn (with Reside) but it was not a reasonable commute to Manhattan and the apartment was very small for me and my son.

I am excited but at the same time I am trying not to keep my hopes very high.

Hopefully they will contact me soon.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:15 PM

319 posts, read 401,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
Congrats and happy moving,

I logged in and I got a very low number (2 digits) for The Robeson in Harlem.I have no CB preferences. Last year I got an apartment in Brooklyn (with Reside) but it was not a reasonable commute to Manhattan and the apartment was very small for me and my son.

I am excited but at the same time I am trying not to keep my hopes very high.

Hopefully they will contact me soon.
Keep applying
You'd need two bedrooms

Old 04-12-2021, 08:00 PM

20 posts, read 20,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotone2020 View Post
Hey Guys!!

After stalking this site for months, I told myself if I got my apartment I would detail my story here to help anyone who had questions, like me. Some important details before we begin

This was my 3rd attempt trying to get a lottery apt, after being contacted.
My log #is 1XX, lowest I’ve ever had. No preference
The agency we worked with was Reside NY.

2/10 - Applied
3/16 - received email to send documents Via online portal
3/18 - Documents submitted ( a week before deadline)
4/21 - I reached out to Marketing Agent asking what to expect. They told me it was too soon in the process and that they hadn’t started going through applications yet. :/ ( led me to believe it would be a while, i stopped reaching out)
6/4 - I received a call asking if I were still interested in the lottery (Hell Yes!) They then asked property specific questions like What unit size did I want, would I be ok with viewing the apt through Video/ pics, etc. We were sent a link, via email, to watch the vid of the apartment and to basically decide if we wanted it (HELL YES!). We then were sent a follow up email stating that they’ll go over my application to see if we were missing any documentation (we weren’t). After, they sent over additional paperwork for us to sign(Basically, Authorizations and legalities for participating in the lottery; had to have some notarized)
6/5- Additional Documents were then submitted. Agent confirmed receipt and stated they’ll let us know once they’ve submitted our application to HPD and that it usually takes about 3-5 days to hear back with a decision.
6/11- Notification that our app was submitted.
6/15- Notification via phone/email that App was approved!
6/16- Lease was signed via online portal. And all necessary deposits were paid.
6/18- Anticipating move in day!

Good luck to every one on your lottery journey. I hope my post will bring you some insight. Please remember 3rd attempt and by far the most seamless process. The other 2 times will def need to be posted elsewhere.

igotone2020
Congrats!!!! May i ask after you view apartment , they just ask do you want it??

Old 04-12-2021, 08:01 PM

20 posts, read 20,632 times
Also, may i ask what additional documents did you need??

Old 04-14-2021, 12:14 PM

233 posts, read 311,350 times
Thanks! I need to hear some positive stories about people winning to keep my spirits up. congrats on on your place. I hope you're enjoying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: