Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 10:50 AM

87 posts, read 80,811 times

Advertisements

I posted under 1193 Fulton ave log number in the 30’s
No cb preference but currently waiting on them to hopefully call me after i had my interview
3 weeks ago and losing hope . I currently want to quit my job as
i am looking for another but I have not hoping and waiting they call me
My job is draining me mentally and physically any advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 11:19 AM

4,793 posts, read 6,629,057 times
You cannot quit your job unless you want to lose the apartment.

If you qualify now for the apartment, you must maintain the same income.

If your income goes to zero, and if you're asked for new pay stubs, you're sunk.

Three weeks is not a long time to wait.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
You cannot quit your job unless you want to lose the apartment.

If you qualify now for the apartment, you must maintain the same income.

If your income goes to zero, and if you're asked for new pay stubs, you're sunk.

Three weeks is not a long time to wait.
Yeah just kinda losing hope and theres only
6 apts in my ami dont kno if i will get called

Old 06-22-2020, 12:36 PM

15 posts, read 10,671 times
They can call you in a few months. I got a log in the 400's and i quit my job a year ago for the same reasons. Do i regret quitting? No, because i was really stressed/depressed. I kinda wished I got the apartment now but life happens.

My advice is to find the new job first but if you feel like you'll be okay without this apartment want to try to get lucky again... then quit.

But i am sure they will contact you sooner or later with your log number.

Good luck!!

Old 06-22-2020, 12:46 PM

3,160 posts, read 2,769,568 times
Keep going. I know it sucks, but keep going.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:49 PM

885 posts, read 1,383,886 times
Ditto to what helpfulperson said! Don't quit your job until you have another job lined up. There are people who filed for
unemployment that have yet to receive any money! this is a time of financial uncertainty for a lot of folks so finding another job may not be as easy as it was to do before the pandemic. If you have bills to pay, keep your job! If you have someone to
support you and you really don't care much about snagging this lottery apartment then do what you feel is in your best
interest. But if they contact you for updated pay stubs and you've quit, you will no longer be eligible for
this opportunity. Best of luck to you!

Old 06-22-2020, 12:52 PM

Thanks everyone yes i receive unemployment from being laid off my other job
But its so stressful im a vet tech and its so much work and little pay im getting offers elsewhere not trying to take it due to waiting on this apartment im going to try thanks a lot

Old 06-22-2020, 12:54 PM

133 posts, read 142,320 times
Even without CB your log # could easily keep you among within the first 100 applicants, because of your log #, but if you also include all those that may be found ineligible after their application is processed, those uninterested, those that decide not to continue with the process due to loss of income etc etc, you may have a greater chance than what you think.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpfulperson312 View Post
They can call you in a few months. I got a log in the 400's and i quit my job a year ago for the same reasons. Do i regret quitting? No, because i was really stressed/depressed. I kinda wished I got the apartment now but life happens.

My advice is to find the new job first but if you feel like you'll be okay without this apartment want to try to get lucky again... then quit.

But i am sure they will contact you sooner or later with your log number.

Good luck!!
Were you called?

Old 06-22-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by issapi27 View Post
Even without CB your log # could easily keep you among within the first 100 applicants, because of your log #, but if you also include all those that may be found ineligible after their application is processed, those uninterested, those that decide not to continue with the process due to loss of income etc etc, you may have a greater chance than what you think.
Thanks its just a waiting game they havent been
Following up on emails its weird no one from that lottery posts on here lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: